Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab

Article about: bought this today for very very little money. I belive it to be a possibly authentic collar tab. shows signs of age and wear but overall in solid shape. to my understanding this came from a

CBH
    ?

A nice tab at a great price ! I still have some 5 and 10 dollar EK's I bought in high school , but that was many moons ago !
    What else was in the group you got it from , besides the fake tab ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab
    P
    Many

whole whack of stuff... think this gold and silver buyer purchesed this whole collection for a bulk price, many pieces were easily spoted fakes even from a 15 year old beginer (myself). I will post a few pics later on of booths he had set up in his shop and its contents.

some better photos... SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab  

in the 3rd photo you see two orange dots poking out from the side, this is where the ribbon has been cut and the inside material. 4th (next) photo shows how the other ribbon was cut on the other side. after taking a close look I would say it was most likley cut while still on tunic.

Quote by daveward View Post
    Agreed! I was telling my wife earlier, "Man, my fellow collectors and I are really geeking out over this one collar tab!"
    These geeking, nit picking examinations are the driving force, behind why so many of our esteemed collectors here on the WRF excel in knowledge. I applaud this and Im surrounded by greatness
    Keep up the great work "All" of you are doing here to preserve history. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It is a nice tab and i would be happy to own it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    To me, it appears the original owner was of the rank SS-Hauptscharführer when he first had his uniform constructed. Obviously, during the period he could've been promoted to the rank of SS-Sturmscharführer and would've had to apply the extra silver/aluminum tress to the exterior of the tab. It's possible he could've left the tab on the tunic when applying it, for the simple reason of convenience, thus it wouldn't of been stitched to the reverse such as the first one. Then once promoted to SS-Untersturmführer, he would've removed all of the tress from the tab leaving the space on the left we see today and only the remnants of one strip of tress on the backside. The fact remnants do remain only adds to the validity of the idea this tab is not only correct, but also a period promoted/altered example.
    Personally, I think a likelier promotion scenario is the regular progression through the officer candidate ranks up to commissioning.

A Standartenoberjunker-ranked officer school graduate would have worn a rank tab with two pips, one strip of lace ( like a Hauptscharführer) and officers' cord piping.

Upon promotion to Untersturmführer, he could have upgraded his rank patch by removing the lace and adding a pip.

SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab Unfortunatly we will probably never know the truth of this tab,my buddy looked through paperwork, nothing seems to be SS. Here I have attached what was on display for sale due to a request. I belive not everything is authentic but for the most part everything pictured came from the same collection (ww2 doctor) as I stated earlier.

SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabmore... also what are your thoughts on SS buckle? didnt look good to me but im unsure of the various types... also the same thing with the one uncommon arm band I am unfamiliar with the type, any thoughts? any other thoughts on any of the items would be greatly appreciated! My friend owns some of these items and the rest are actual booth photos all from that same collection

SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab

SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabSS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tabHere, you can "geek out" about these, if you so desire.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast