Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)

Article about: Hi, need some help with this stuff that are for sale on a website. I personally think it looks alittle fishy, but i'm not an expert! Your opinions are welcome /Farradin

Default Re: SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)

Thank You F-B for posting obverse pics of the eagle/skull set,,,,Robert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)
    P
    Many

Quote by militarymania View Post
    Thank You F-B for posting obverse pics of the eagle/skull set,,,,Robert
    Thanks. I try to be of aid in a matter that always baffles me.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle) 

Thanks for all replies. Its a big quality difference between an original cap and that fake shit from Tradera!

/Farradin

Quote by Farradin View Post
    Thanks for all replies. Its a big quality difference between an original cap and that fake shit from Tradera!

/Farradin
    These sites turn up ever less real SS material, actually. That is, the sum of material that appears on this site and others follows a downward line to the abyss.

It is very boring, really. We are the figures at the bottom of the picture digging in the sh!t to find authentic relics with no success.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I shall try, but they are 08/15 zinc Assmann badges pictured a zillion times elsewhere...
    What does the nomenclature "08/15" refer too? I have been unable to track down a reference.

Merci

We could wait for their hats to fall off and then steal them, of course.

More and more we resort to abject begging. And beggar thy neighbor tactics, too...

Some caps have already fallen off their Nazi heads.

This one is "salty," I think you call it. I cannot eat added salt because I am old and infirm. Nor would I eat this hat, either, as I am fond of it.
    Also, I did not pry off the badges, which were likely not original to the cap when first secured by its SS man. That is, this cap likely had the Husarentotenkopf and the 1927/9 Hoheitszeichen.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-09-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Quote by Tricot View Post
    What does the nomenclature "08/15" refer too? I have been unable to track down a reference.

Merci
    "08/15" was originally a model of machine gun (1908/1915), which in military usage in the Wehrmacht referred to normal barracks life and its caprices. The term then became the title of a wonderful novelized critique of same in the Wehrmacht by a former NS Fuehrungsoffizier, Hans Helmut Kirst which was published in the early 1950s. Kirst wrote many books on the era. He was a critic of the Bundeswehr, in fact. The novel was made into a film in the FRG of the 1950s, also, which is worth seeing. It is filled with real uniforms and very good actors, indeed. 08/15 thus means ordinary, which is what I intended in my observation. The zinc insignia is ordinary, and hence 08/15.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    "08/15" was originally a model of machine gun (1908/1915), which in military usage in the Wehrmacht referred to normal barracks life and its caprices. The term then became the title of a wonderful novelized critique of same in the Wehrmacht by a former NS Fuehrungsoffizier, Hans Helmut Kirst which was published in the early 1950s. Kirst wrote many books on the era. He was a critic of the Bundeswehr, in fact. The novel was made into a film in the FRG of the 1950s, also, which is worth seeing. It is filled with real uniforms and very good actors, indeed. 08/15 thus means ordinary, which is what I intended in my observation. The zinc insignia is ordinary, and hence 08/15.
    Ah! I've enjoyed Bolle's work, I shall now add Herr Kirst's prose to the list. Why critique the Bundeswher? Was it the formation thereof or its structure and consititution?

Oh, and what visors, sir! I prefer the salty ones, such character. (My nod to the topic.)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast