Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron

Article about: Just picked this item up Hope all is ok Thanks Nick

Default SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron

Just picked this item up

Hope all is ok

Thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron   SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron

Nice, Nick. Can you please tell me why some have the parallel black stripes and some don't?

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron  

I cant Tom, but hopefully someone will

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Nice catch. I like the tropical stuff for some reason.

Tempted to buy this book:

AFRIKA CORPS
    A pictorial study of Tropical cloth caps, uniforms & insignia of the German army in North Africa 1940-1943 by Daniel Fisher.

If anybody can recommend it, pls let me know.

(OT mention of book. Nick, let me know if you want it deleted, so as not to 'pollute' your thread)

Quote by Scout View Post
    Nice catch. I like the tropical stuff for some reason.

Tempted to buy this book:

AFRIKA CORPS
    A pictorial study of Tropical cloth caps, uniforms & insignia of the German army in North Africa 1940-1943 by Daniel Fisher.

If anybody can recommend it, pls let me know.

(OT mention of book. Nick, let me know if you want it deleted, so as not to 'pollute' your thread)
    No mate, I'm glad you did mention it. It looks good

Nick

Nice Nick!
    I saw this for sale as well. When I bought mine, the seller had two left, so I bought them both.
    To answer Tom's question, I do not believe that I have seen a tropical example without the black stitching.
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Sturmann tropical sleeve chevron  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph and congrats on your fine examples

Nick

Thanks Ralph, so only the tropical type has the stripes?

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thanks Ralph, so only the tropical type has the stripes?

Tom
    Tom, does your example have two rows of stitching along the edge of the chevron? I believe that one row was to hold the fold and the second to fasted to the cloth. On the tropical examples, the black stitching holds the fold and the white is to fasten to the background cloth.
    Ralph.

"Update"
    I just went and checked my examples and found that the black stitching is incorporated right into the chevron as it wraps around at the end and goes under the fold.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, mine is not a tropical chevron, merely posted to show difference. I was always under the impression that the black stripe was part of the weave.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast