Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???

Article about: I purchased this SS-Sturmmann M42 Field Blouse "Reichsfuhrer"roughly 8 years ago from an Antique Arms dealer. Nothing glows under a blacklight. All the SS insignia appears to be au

Default Re: SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???

Yes that is true, I don't know who can trust it 100%. But I've been looking online for the past few hours and found a lot of weird results. I found a picture of an SS-Politzei man wearing and SS uniform, with SS arm-eagle, and it had Heer collar tabs... I also found a uniform with all original Heer insignia, yet the uniform only had two hook holes for the belt.

The uniform in its current state, does look really nice... The condition of the uniform and the insignia all looks aged and worn the same. I think I'll keep it together for a while, or until I can find a dead give-away that this thing is not authentic. By the way, there is no evidence of a breast eagle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by tymclaren View Post
    Yes that is true, I don't know who can trust it 100%. But I've been looking online for the past few hours and found a lot of weird results. I found a picture of an SS-Politzei man wearing and SS uniform, with SS arm-eagle, and it had Heer collar tabs... I also found a uniform with all original Heer insignia, yet the uniform only had two hook holes for the belt.

The uniform in its current state, does look really nice... The condition of the uniform and the insignia all looks aged and worn the same. I think I'll keep it together for a while, or until I can find a dead give-away that this thing is not authentic. By the way, there is no evidence of a breast eagle.
    the guy on my photo has all waffen ss insignia on it,but based that your tunic has all the common and easy to get "dachau found" insigna in my opinion this was put together post war on a mint wh tunic,in the past i have seen a "few" made post war... for ss look.
    but sure its look nice .

besslein, here is what I was talking about... SS with no collar tabs.

The second photo, SS-Politzei with Heer tabs ... Strange?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regimentgermania.jpg 
Views:	1371 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	82625  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I can explain both photos to you.

The first was taken in France in 1940. The SS-VT Division (later to become "Das Reich") did not wear any collar tabs. This was both as a security measure and due to the change over of tab pattern doing away with numbered collar tabs.

The second shows a member of the SS Polizei Division. Members wore a mixture of Police insignia with just the SS sleeve eagle and SS runes to the breast pocket if they were full SS members. The tabs shown are not Heer but Police. Later in the war the Division wore full conventional SS insignia.

Cheers, Ade.

i agree with most everyone else that this item was pieced together...

I agree as well. But I'm happy with all the pieces being original, even if it was assembled into an oxymoron postwar "Frankenstein". I've seen worse treatment of original insignia, One guy had a half dozen cuff titles with some tabs and sleeve eagles stapled to a random flag... Ouch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12