Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???

Article about: I purchased this SS-Sturmmann M42 Field Blouse "Reichsfuhrer"roughly 8 years ago from an Antique Arms dealer. Nothing glows under a blacklight. All the SS insignia appears to be au

Default SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???

I purchased this SS-Sturmmann M42 Field Blouse "Reichsfuhrer"roughly 8 years ago from an Antique Arms dealer. Nothing glows under a blacklight. All the SS insignia appears to be authentic. The "Reichsfuhrer-SS" cuff title has the correct "salt and pepper" weave with an even row of small circular dots along the edge.

Please take a look at the photos, let me know what you think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???   SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???  

SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???   SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???  

SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???   SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-Sturmmann's M42, is this Authentic???

real tunic in wehrmacht cut,realy insignia,but i doubt its a set since 1945.

In fact, I am not keen on the tunic itself. Some of the insignia looks real but did not beigin life on this tunic. Note the badly applied sleeve eagle. This pattern of cuff title used to be available in quantity many years ago as mint unissued. As a result many got applied to tunics...

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    In fact, I am not keen on the tunic itself. Some of the insignia looks real but did not beigin life on this tunic. Note the badly applied sleeve eagle. This pattern of cuff title used to be available in quantity many years ago as mint unissued. As a result many got applied to tunics...

Cheers, Ade.
    so Ade we can agree its a "frankenstein' tunic

Hi Arek, for sure!

Cheers, Ade.

What do you advise? Are the insignia pieces more valuable if they were to be removed from the tunic?

Also... I wanted to point out that (6) buttons have readable stampings on their reverse. The (4) pocket buttons are marked "J.F.S." on the top half, and "42" on the lower. (1) shoulder and (1) main row button are crisply marked "ST.&L.". The others either have too light of stampings to make out, or are not stamped at all.

Any idea what the stampings mean???

Quote by tymclaren View Post
    Also... I wanted to point out that (6) buttons have readable stampings on their reverse. The (4) pocket buttons are marked "J.F.S." on the top half, and "42" on the lower. (1) shoulder and (1) main row button are crisply marked "ST.&L.". The others either have too light of stampings to make out, or are not stamped at all.

Any idea what the stampings mean???
    stamp is a maker stamp,the tunic is nice but for army use-m42 in ss cut has two belt hooks holes and 5 front buttons,well the insignia are abaut 1500 usd,the tunic is nice ,maybe in striped conditio may do 600-800 usd,hope i have help a bit

Yes, you have helped! But can we be certain that it is impossible that SS insignia was applied to a M42 Heer tunic during the war??? I do not want to destroy this if there is a chance of it being war-time assembled this way.

Also, I have found (2) examples of "Reichsfuhrer-SS" cuff titles, BeVo style like mine.

Third Reich Depot - $2,000 USD
    The Collector's Guild (The Collector's Guild) - $2,740 USD

Is my cuff title alone really worth that? or are those inflated prices?

Quote by tymclaren View Post
    Yes, you have helped! But can we be certain that it is impossible that SS insignia was applied to a M42 Heer tunic during the war??? I do not want to destroy this if there is a chance of it being war-time assembled this way.

Also, I have found (2) examples of "Reichsfuhrer-SS" cuff titles, BeVo style like mine.

Third Reich Depot - $2,000 USD
    The Collector's Guild (The Collector's Guild) - $2,740 USD

Is my cuff title alone really worth that? or are those inflated prices?
    well dealer prices and collectors prices is a bit diferenc,im able to find a cuff like yours under 1000,eagle for 250 and tabs set for 400,not so hard my fried,try max or sos,
    yes it is possible and is a fact that some wh tunics are used in ss service,i own myself a nice photo taken in bunker near leningrad with a w-ss polizei divison soldier with tunic like your,the major question is only if you like somday resale this on,who will trust you,or me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast