Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Tab Set

Article about: I have no interest in these whatsoever, but wish to submit them for opinions. My own opinion is they are authentic. I base that upon material, the rzm tag, and construction throughout, as we

Default SS Tab Set

I have no interest in these whatsoever, but wish to submit them for opinions. My own opinion is they are authentic. I base that upon material, the rzm tag, and construction throughout, as well what I've been told about this variant.
    If anyone knows of a period photograph or anything else which can prove if these are fake or real I'd be quite grateful to see it. Thank you all for your opinions, tabs to follow;
    SS Tab SetSS Tab SetSS Tab SetSS Tab Set

This set can be found on the below website for those who may be interested, thanks again.
    German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-11-2013 at 07:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tab Set
    P
    Many

Here is a photograph of a tab in wear which matches all characteristics of the first tab posted in my opinion. When using the "parallel test" they both "fail" exactly the same. The shape of the runes also match.
    What are your thoughts? All opinions are of course welcomed, thanks.
    SS Tab SetSS Tab Set
    Note the right rune drops below the left in both examples too. Hopefully this will vindicate a original variant.
    And so it is known, I found this photograph through the kriegsberichter-archives.

And for further comparison, here is the more commonly excepted variant from a period photograph. Angling shouldn't be a factor as both men are positioned in the same direction.
    SS Tab Set
    Thanks again.

Here is one more example from a period photograph that appears to match the tab in question.
    SS Tab Set

your opinion is as mine.

i'd dig into some photos but offhand i don't know if i have suitable photos of enlisted ranks with this variant. lots of officers. i have enlisted but i'd think i'd need a portrait with a clear shot of the tab and that's gonna take some digging for the offset runes you are showing here.

if someone should beat me to it by tomorrow morning, or less fortunately, dash our opinions on the matter, i'll need not do the search. but i'll take a look.

Thank you sir. I know the photographs aren't the best, but IMO they seem clear enough to show their characteristics. Looking forward to anything you can find.

The set is original

It was posted elsewhere where one respected member fought nail and tooth stating it was a fake. His only evidence, so to speak, was that in his opinion the above example didn't pass the parallel test. IMO not all examples will match exactly one another due to different markers as well other contributing factors which one must consider. Why some feel everything should be "perfect" is beyond me, lord knows the ss was far from it. It's also of my opinion that the pictures proves not all examples will pass the parallel test.
    Thank you all for your opinions.

This "parallel test" makes me smile slightly, I think I know who that could be on the other forum. This set is a one-looker.