Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS tabs

Article about: Found some for sale, gentleman sent me these pics and swears they're original, but they look pretty ugly to me.

Default SS tabs

Found some for sale, gentleman sent me these pics and swears they're original, but they look pretty ugly to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS tabs

Ugly indeed.

How much is he asking?

$200

I told him I was sure they were bad, but he said he's owned them for 20 years, got them from his fathers buddy that served in the european theatre.

Better/closer pictures are need. But from here they are original --------------- Original fakes. Bad fakes at that.

rgds, Ty

Don't walk..........run

There goes slim again

oilstainedjeans
    ?

hello,
    I am the owner of the above posted pics
    please tell me why you feel they are not real???

oilstainedjeans
    ?

BTW I have several other pics

Quote by oilstainedjeans View Post
    BTW I have several other pics

Hi, not to get involved in SS tabs, it's not my field really, but I do now from collecting for 40 years that SS items are faked A LOT.

If you are trying to sell these tabs, or learn about them, you really need to to take: Clear, close-up, high resolution Pics, in good Lighting.

That is the only way for buyers, or experts in the field to determine the authenticity of these tabs. That is also the only real way if one is not able to examine them in person. Stories where the tabs came from are good if true, but a lot of things get mixed up over 70 years time.

Collectors use a term, "buy the item, Not the story"

I hope this helps, and my comments were not out of line, just Trying to help.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!! Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi, not to get involved in SS tabs, it's not my field really, but I do now from collecting for 40 years that SS items are faked A LOT.

If you are trying to sell these tabs, or learn about them, you really need to to take: Clear, close-up, high resolution Pics, in good Lighting.

That is the only way for buyers, or experts in the field to determine the authenticity of these tabs. That is also the only real way if one is not able to examine them in person. Stories where the tabs came from are good if true, but a lot of things get mixed up over 70 years time.

well said Steve, but the tabs are fake non the less, no matter how many high res photos are shown, for me, and it is JMO they are pretty bad fakes

oilstainedjeans
    ?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post

thank you very much for your insight
    I am not a dealer in this, i am just selling them because of the economic downturn here in the States
    I am not trying to "sell" a story,just giving what I know about them,,
    and I will take them to someone who is an expert and find out the truth behind them,,
    I am not some scam guy trying to sell snake oil
    again thank you for your time
    David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast