Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS TK cuff titles

Article about: Is there any TK script in bullion exists in collections?

?

Default SS TK cuff titles

Is there any TK script in bullion exists in collections?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TK cuff titles
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS TK cuff titles

I have not seen one but that does not mean they did not exist.

Bob Hritz

?

I seen it in the Moscow museum, but I really never seen it in the market or collections, this one looker is rarer than a script Oberbayern or Brandenburg ?
    Regards,
    Dimas

I assume it was in block (Arabic) lettering, or was in in Fraktur?

It would be very rare, but I would rather have the TV titles than a variant Totnekopf.

Bob Hritz

?

You are right, that was a block lettering. I assume some of the titles was not a RZM issue ( I'am wondering why they are such a rare item, even the enlisted types not such a rare) but a private purchased. For this period TK wore old type Oberbayrn, Thueringen, etc titles, as per the unit they was in the service before the new regulations was applied. After the old types of the cufftitles has been end of production, the date of issue a newerst divisional ct must be the end of 1940- mid 1941, then probably all of the younger officers became a new type of the cufftitle ( seen on the period pictures, enlidted CT worn by junior officers) and all of them was sent to the Barbarossa operation, they go trough Latvia, and only the first serious battles met in the Daugavpils ( Duenaburg), then later in Pskov county, untill they met Demjansk Kessel in the Novgorod county- Wolchow front. The most casualities they had, is exactly that place,. A real strong battles there- and during the hard battles uniform could became a junk over a couple of weeks. The same with the period pictures, when the soldiers thoughts is only about saving their lives instead of making a pictures. Most probably a lot of the nice examples was burried in the earth during the time of the battles, and not a lot survived trough the war in the Eastern front...
    Regards,
    Dimas