MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS TK mid war collartabs

Article about: No such item is at my finger tips. I am vaguely aware of the presence of a handful in leading collections in No. America. That is, the names you see cited in the English language reference w

?

Default SS TK mid war collartabs

Felt made tabs in non a excellent quality of embroidery. Very good to see how must be original war time period tab be inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TK mid war collartabs   SS TK mid war collartabs  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TK mid war collartabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS TK mid war collartabs

Thanks so much. I am sure our friend Bob Hritz has many interesting examples of this sort of thing. Your piece has patina, to be sure.

sold by a North American dealer... in this decade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TK mid war collartabs  

piece in its natural state...prior to mid-war. I examined this uniform before its sale to its present owner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TK mid war collartabs  

?

It's just for reference, this is a not such a rare item and in that condition, just the interesting to show the back. A lot of early stuff was destroyed in filmstudios and theaters, sometimes ss TK sculls was cutt away from the collartabs and placed to the headgear, as cockade. I seen a couple of early tabs in that condition with white reinforcement cloth under the thread...IMO that kind of backings was made by a big factories, the other early, probably was made in small quantityies by small firms or private purchased? ( which is non RZM tagged)???
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Again about the digits on the TK- I think they are more different, than the DR,Germania,Deutschland etc- the shape of the runes are bit different, but the digits is the same size and shape, sometime screwed up ( counterwised) by the embroiderer
    Regards,
    Dimas

another, from a leading collection....

Dimas,

Your collar tab has suffered the ravages of time, but is still a fine piece. I would be proud to have that in my collection.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Again about the digits on the TK- I think they are more different, than the DR,Germania,Deutschland etc- the shape of the runes are bit different, but the digits is the same size and shape, sometime screwed up ( counterwised) by the embroiderer

An excellent question. The 4 in the Oberbayern Hunderschaft Kragenspiegel was 70mm, the 1 in an SSVT 1 "D" was 1cm.

The numeral in the SSTV is plainly smaller. Embroidery always varies, somewhat.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    It's just for reference, this is a not such a rare item and in that condition, just the interesting to show the back. A lot of early stuff was destroyed in filmstudios and theaters, sometimes ss TK sculls was cutt away from the collartabs and placed to the headgear, as cockade. I seen a couple of early tabs in that condition with white reinforcement cloth under the thread...IMO that kind of backings was made by a big factories, the other early, probably was made in small quantityies by small firms or private purchased? ( which is non RZM tagged)???
    As ever, your knowledge of the fate of these things in the USSR fascinates us. Mr. Hritz is the pro with this kind of thing. He also knows something of the collar patch on the black uniform with the 4 Hundertschaft, i.e. SSTV "Oberbayern."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast