Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab

Article about: I want to ask our respected community about these two examples, unfortunately the back side will post later, due of the owner will make it today afternoon. My IMO is good, but any other opin

?

Default Re: SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab

I'am never use the UV light, just anougth to see the thread content/type. The metallic thread used on the tabs is a war time, even if they are fakes- the thread will be war time. UV test just can be made over a obvious fakes, but current fakes made with exact care as they must be: using original cloth/thread/backing.

I do not see myself problems with the shape/ and work, even I will say that is a good pre-war work. Yellowish backing is not aged dark, but a consistency of the over boiled bones glue, which are the hardener for a piece of cloth using on the backing, the SS tag applied to the tab in the wet condition and will hard after dry ( the same as a postal stamp) The St itself IMO only for the collartabs, I newer seen that kind of tags in the cufftitles, uniforms or cuffbands, and if reattached- then removed from one of the SS VT tabs . I'am just sharing that items I belive is good, but any opinions is appreciated.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I don't know the source, I just help to my friend to recognize the stuff and he is just reading this thread, I've owe some of the examples in the past, but unfortunately I don't have them in my collection, which was builded in the last 7 years more seriously.
    Quote by jock auld View Post
    Dimas,

I'm guessing from the thread that you don't have them in the hand and that if you were to get them you would some hands on first to put some flesh on the bones so to speak. UV light test etc.
    Very difficult to call as there were not that many proud owners at the end of the war!?
    I like the look but have never seen any in real life.
    I would imagine there would be imperfections from batch to batch, the nature of the wire thread would cause this alone.

Do you have any of the history? Where have they been until now?

Good luck.

Regards

Jock
    Regards,
    Dimas

Dimas,

Like I say I don't know, I have no term of reference and I don't think I ever will. You should always rule out the obviouse first though nothing wrong with a quick squint at the UV, maybe they are careless in Pakistan if they are making a lot of them?

I like a sniff of it too but I know there are ways round that and to age the wire.

It looks well made but so were the Hitler diarys!

I would not like to think this is the quality of Pakistani fakes but if it is so be it.

I'm glad I don't have to decide if its right or not!

Regards

Jock

?

Fortunately God bless us: the Pakistanian fakes are easy to recognize
    Regards,
    Dimas

But they are getting better

?

Backside pictures of Oberbayern cufftitle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobilisats 160.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	38817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobilisats 161.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	38818  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobilisats 162.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	38819  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

B from a cufftitle producer and F for embroidery maker
    Regards,
    Dimas

Having seen the back i am the opinion that this cuff is an original one, sorry if i caused confusion Dimas, but like i said before I look at things critically. But this is good IMHO

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Having seen the back i am the opinion that this cuff is an original one, sorry if i caused confusion Dimas, but like i said before I look at things critically. But this is good IMHO
    John, I appreciate all the opinions- forum created for own opinions, and that is very important to me! I'am more satisfied than confused
    Regards,
    Dimas

Well, I see nothing wrong with either piece.

Brad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast