Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ss tk - Sturmbann V "Brandenburg"

Article about: Dimas, If I understood you comment correctly, then, Yes, it did exist, as there is a famous picture of Michael Lippert sitting next to Eicke and he is wearing the Roman V tab. Picture shown

Default Re: Ss tk - Sturmbann V "Brandenburg"

Dimas,

If I understood you comment correctly, then, Yes, it did exist, as there is a famous picture of Michael Lippert sitting next to Eicke and he is wearing the Roman V tab. Picture shown on page 190 of Angola's book Cloth Insignia of the SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"
    P
    Many

?

So,then the vertical numbered V must be made between 1939-40 year? But looks like the regulation of 1939 year was disbanded the numbered tabs. So in 1940 year was introduced newest horisontal style of the double headed tabs, and then late of 1940 year just a one side horisontal tab.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Not a great scan, but here is the pic described by Grant.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg" 

?

And another Oberbayern TK, unfortunately not mine, but my friend's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  
    Regards,
    Dimas

The 'V' designation does not stand for the Eckhardt group. The Roman numerals I to V were used from 1935 to 1937 to indicate the 5 batallions of the SS-TV. Brandenburg staff wore 'V'. These collar tabs were discontinued in 1937 when the TV was re-organised into 3 regiments, Brandenburg becoming the 2nd.
    d'alquen

?

OK, then it must be for Sturmbann' s
    I Oberbayern, II Elbe, III Sachsen IV Ostfriesland ?
    Then arabic 1-4 Hundertschaft' s for Oberbayern, then 5-8 for Brandenburg etc, in all 20 Hundertshafts, but how about the Hundertschafts after 20, the tabs with 21, 26 etc are exists...
    Regards,
    Dimas

No, from 1935 to 1937 there were 25 Hundertschafte which were not numbered consecutively across the batallions but apparently in the order in which they were established.
    d'alquen

I owned one of these briefly in the early 1970s and the one in France puts me off, greatly. The second one looks better. The Stechbarth tag is a real alarm in my opinion. Why would an elite Berlin tailor have made what was otherwise a work garment for an NCO in a rather hum drum unit? It makes no sense whatsoever to me. The piece I owned has RZMd SSd buttons of the era as well, that is of the mid 1930s when this style of uniform was introduced.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    No, from 1935 to 1937 there were 25 Hundertschafte which were not numbered consecutively across the batallions but apparently in the order in which they were established.
    d'alquen
    Some slight visual evidence in this confusing matter. One day colleague d'Alquen might give us a tutorial on this otherwise mystifying topic.Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"
    Colleague Hritz knows this tunic. It has a gothic script "Oberbayern" cuff title. For anyone familiar with present day military organizations as well as the German principles of expanding multiple units from a common unit base (see the German army) then the confusion with this regalia is more tractable, I think. In this connection, I recommend: Mueller Hillebrand, Das Deutsche Heer, '33-'45, the vol I on the war until 1939, in which the increase from the Reichswehr to the Wehrmacht is described. The SSTV underwent a not wholly dissimilar process, unique in strict terms, but base on the system of expansible force increases native to German army practice.

more pics of the same tunic, but... without the bad insignia...

I'm perhaps wrong... but like it...

thoughts will be welcome

Thank you

P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"   Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"   Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"   Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast