Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Totenkopf Cloth Patch.

Article about: Hello everyone, Im new to this forum and would firstly like to say hello! Also can anyone give me details on the SS Totenkopf patch i have. It was found amongst a WW2 ATS girls ephermera and

Default SS Totenkopf Cloth Patch.

Hello everyone, Im new to this forum and would firstly like to say hello! Also can anyone give me details on the SS Totenkopf patch i have. It was found amongst a WW2 ATS girls ephermera and had been sent to her by one of her many admirers sometime in WW2. The material is kind of greeny colour to it and id like to know if this is due to being in an attic for so many years where damp may have got to it or if its from uniform of some kind. Would be great to have some ideas. Thanx.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf Cloth Patch.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Totenkopf Cloth Patch.

Hi, iv never seen an item like this, and i cant say if its a fake or not because of that, but still it seems interesting. you should wait for the experts answer.
    Best regards
    Nuno

It's not a pattern of skull that I am familiar with

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    It's not a pattern of skull that I am familiar with
    I know there are quite a number of variations of this type of insignia such as early Totenkopf concentration camp guard insignia plus variations of the actual combat units. I know these things are a bit of a minefield. It will be great to hear more ideas all the same and thanks very much for the replies. Regards, Tim.

Hi Tim, I have never seen one like this before either.

(Re the ATS items: please show them in the Western Allies forum as my wife would be interested as she is a big collector of ATS items)

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Tim, I have never seen one like this before either.

(Re the ATS items: please show them in the Western Allies forum as my wife would be interested as she is a big collector of ATS items)

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for that Adrian! That WW2 ATS set of ephemera is one of the finest ive ever come across. It seems she had a very romantic war and kept many keepsakes. I will have to photograph it and try and get some close ups of the items and then post them up. Regards, Tim.

Sculls I love.....this one I don't. Not for my collection. I like my sculls to have pretty teeth!

Just a note: It might, I repeat MIGHT, be trying to look like this probe type scull that was part of an old collection that has been split up. Again, might....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Totenkopf Cloth Patch.  

Quote by ILLUMINATI View Post
    Sculls I love.....this one I don't. Not for my collection. I like my sculls to have pretty teeth!

Just a note: It might, I repeat MIGHT, be trying to look like this probe type scull that was part of an old collection that has been split up. Again, might....
    Im happy that its a period item and it was amongst the ephemera of a young WW2 ATS girl who had a group of admirers in the Army, Navy and the RAF. It was obviously some kind of a souvenir. I have been advised to take nothing for gospel on these things as it may have been lying in a barn or out in the open prior to being taken as a souvenir and that it may also be one of the variants or may have suffered deterioration as a result of this and attic storage. Its really just part of that ephemera really as i dont collect SS. But thanks for the input on this as its most welcome indeed and i greatly appreciate it. Regards, Tim.