Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SS Totenkopf Officers Tunic and Service Cap

Article about: Hi Everyone, Thought you all would enjoy seeing my favorite item in my collection. I got this tunic and cap from a collection a few months back. Both where in the book Waffen-SS Uniforms &am

You soon begin to realise that eBay sellers don't need telling their items are fake... they already know.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf Officers Tunic and Service Cap
    P
    Many

@Ralph what's sad is that this dealer has a 100% positive feedback score on Ebay & will likely continue to have success on Ebay since that site tends to be a hot-spot for buyers who do 0 research.

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    @Ralph what's sad is that this dealer has a 100% positive feedback score on Ebay & will likely continue to have success on Ebay since that site tends to be a hot-spot for buyers who do 0 research.
    I also believe it is now near impossible to give sellers bad feedback on e-bay.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

@Harry, foolish me thought I was helping the guy keep his 100% positive rating! I flip items from my collection on eBay & I know how important that feedback score is so I thought I was being a nice guy by informing that seller why he should remove his listing.

Oh well, I can sleep well at night knowing that every item I have sold on eBay has been legit & that I didn't screw anyone over. Besides, I'm not in it to make money. I just sell items there instead of selling them to regular dealers for 50% of the value.

Well you all so have the flip side . and i know first hand that you have the groupie sorts on forums .. that will jump on its fake band wagon as soon as there so called mentor says so and soon as you question there god YOUR BAND , your tunic doomed .

Sales mediums like ebay place no onus on the seller to establish authenticity, nor do they have reputations to protect like some professional auction houses. Consequently they are a magnet to those selling fake items of militaria. And really, if they only aim for lowish sale prices there is a constant supply of uninformed buyers who on impulse will shell out a few hundred to get "something SS". These types will never do any research before buying and most will blissfully never realize they've been had. The OP was probably in the same category though likely to have committed a lot more money in a "buck fever" moment.

That's enough for now.
    I will reopen the thread if/when the original poster returns.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Opened again so that this member can respond.
    Ralph.

Hi, Guys
    Thanks for all the info on the jacket and tunic. Thankfully I didn't pay an arm and a leg for this set. But I just simply thought that it had to be real if it was in a book. I ended up selling the cap to a dealer who already took the skull off. As for the tunic what do you all think? Its a Heer tunic turned into SS? Guess I need to ask this forum next time before I buy something.
    Brad

?

Admirable that you came back to reply! The tunic looks to be good quality construction and if deemed as real, you could swap out the collar tabs and sleeve eagle to have a very cool display piece...disclosed to any potential buyer of course. Plenty of cloth experts here that should give you an eval soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123