Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen Before

Article about: Hi folks, been a quiet collector of WWII memorabilia and have always wanted to pick up a true SS totenkopf but the prices have been a little bit out of reach. A fellow collector has one that

Default SS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen Before

Hi folks, been a quiet collector of WWII memorabilia and have always wanted to pick up a true SS totenkopf but the prices have been a little bit out of reach. A fellow collector has one that he was thinking about parting with and the price is fair. Wanted to post it up here to see what others thought about it. As with most of these things, some aspects of the ring looks right and others not quite so.

SS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen Before

The seam behind the main skull is appropriate and the engraving on the interior also seems to be right (and also not one of the "typical" names you see inside) although a little bit of research doesn't ID a SS member named Widmer.

The price is lower than most for me due to the modification of the ring. As you can see the back portion was cut for resizing and what I was told was that this was a captured ring that was then resized for the wearer. Looks like part of the dates were cut off from the resizing.

The swastika is a little irregular in the casting which does raise suspicion for me that it's not legit though and the teeth are not seen in the deaths head.

Appreciate thoughts and looking forward to learning more from this great forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen Before
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen Before

This is another one that he has sent me photos of:

SS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen BeforeSS Totenkopf Ring I've Not Seen Before

again, another name that I could not verify or trace. Walter Heck of course designed the SS logo but H Heck I haven't found details on. Seam again appears to be right behind the skull which was added after the band was made. The engraving is quite strong inside the band... maybe a little too good?

Save your money, they are both bad.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the recommendation. For my personal future reference, what aspects of each aren't right?

I don't like either one. The detailing is atrocious-especially the swastika and it's border on the first one. The second one's engraving is definitely not good and it's rune detailing is not much better than the first's. Both rings =
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Much appreciated! Thank you gents!

I am in the camp of explaining fakes in detail give THE ENEMY (FAKERS) more ammunition to perfect their evil practices. Then they will bend us over every step of the way.