MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Trench Art??

Article about: Hi Thepro, Thank you for your comments. What you say is absolutely plausable. However on balance, I can not see a vet going to the trouble just for the sake of it. If the conversion is post

Hi Thepro, Thank you for your comments. What you say is absolutely plausable. However on balance, I can not see a vet going to the trouble just for the sake of it. If the conversion is post war and to be honest I doubt it, then I am inclined to Jerry's opinion, perhaps a biker modification but even then, the clasp appears some what flimsy and delicate for your average hairy biker??
    Cheers Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Trench Art??
    P
    Many

Hi to anyone following this thread, please view the photos on the thread. You will get a far better idea of what the item is.
    Cheers MR

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...s-ends-338401/

Link to photos.

Jan
    ?

These two are my only two original SS trench art items, both are found some ten years after the war in a bog in eastern Finnish Lappland.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Trench Art??  

Default This Is a UNIQUITY I CAME ACROSS in The EARLY 90's from a vet who served in ww2 and the Korean conflict.

SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??
    It is a shame he is no longer with us. But he was a Lt. Colonel in ww2.

Check it out everybody.
    If you are interested in Purchasing this send me a pm to uninsuredclothing@hotmail.com
    Open to trades as well. I love bartering.

I would buy those from you JAN!!!

To My eyes, at least, it doesn't look like it has the right Age to it. What it could very well be, is a repro East Euro belt buckle that was ground down and played on with and an old watch chain soldered onto it to make a....bracelet, maybe? If you look at the catch, for example, it doesn't appear at all that it's ever been used all that much over the last 70 years. Whoever made this did some considerable grinding,bending and machining to get it into this state, but, unfortunately, I think it's simply a post-war made fantasy piece. Fake Trench Art?? Who ever would have thought the day would come, hey?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The buckle contraption and the odd gorget with officers buckle do not strike me as period items. Perhaps the buckle with chain was made from an original. Better photos might clear this up. The gorget is most likely a fantasy piece. I do like the pieces shown by Jan. I caution all readers to carefully consider the source of any opinions given here.

SS Trench Art??

Default Uniquity/rare/gorget/fantasy piece

SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??SS Trench Art??

Who knows where this came from. I don't !!! I have tried to research it over and over again. But when I acquired this it was one of my first pieces besides tinnies and an armband I had. I was young and he knew I was into this stuff. He would talk about his army days and I would listen. This was given to me on my 13 birthday and I've had it ever since. Either way it is Unique. That's the meaning of Uniquity. I don't know how this came to be but its here, YOU SEE IT But it isn't in a book or located on a google search. It is what it is. What if it was a prototype? What if it was made by a member of the HJ, SS volunteers, COTAGE INDUSTRIES ? Or maybe from a young man who admired these guys and tried to dress up like them and made it out of his fathers souvenirs. Movie prop. Just has to look the part??? I don't know. But it is UNIQUE. AS IS THE BRACELET !!!

I included more pictures they are as detailed as I could get the one button has a depression on it's side.

I encourage more discussion and any Information anybody know's about these items and items similar to items like these

Regards,

I hate to say it, but I think this gorget is in the same class as the bracelet....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thumbs down

I have yet to see anything like it. I've honestly looked... For a very long time.
    I believe so, I have to agree with you !!! But its still there you can see it, I can touch it, Therefore it is UNIQUE.
    AS IS THE BRACELCET.

Two 's Down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast