Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Troddel ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Thoughts will be welcome on this black one please : Very rare Waffen SS NCO bayonet troddel Thank you very much P.

Default SS Troddel ?

Hello Gentlemen,

Thoughts will be welcome on this black one please :

Very rare Waffen SS NCO bayonet troddel

Thank you very much

P.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Troddel ?
    P
    Many

It is not for a bayonet, it is for the sword. And I do not like the look of the runics. I had one of these and the sword in the 1970s.

I should not have gotten rid of it. It was a very nice piece.

I am not an expert on these things, but I do own an SS bayonet I got in the 1970s and still own....you can see that the NCO knot is different.SS Troddel ?

- - ------- - -

The dagger has a sword knot, too, which is likely incorrect, but that's how it came to Manion in the early 1990s and that's how it stays with me....!?

break, break. Delich says the Oakleaf item is original, so have at it. It is not for a bayonet, however.

Let me also note, at the risk of being too direct, persons who use our site for this purpose should also pay the USD 25 to become an elevated member to pay the site's costs.

If the POTUS can engage in histrionics to achieve the 2% of GDP goal on allied defense spending, then I can beat the drum that those who routinely use our site
    for their authentication of expensive and rare items can pay Adrian and his friends to keep the lights on.

I am spending huge and bigly sums of money to find nice things to keep you giggling, to say nothing of my friend David Delich, so pay up.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-14-2017 at 10:45 PM.

So you may see this, pay for the privilege, especially if we save you from falling into the crapper.SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

Thoughts will be welcome on this black one please :

Very rare Waffen SS NCO bayonet troddel

Thank you very much

P.
    Well , what are the odds ?

I found these 2 in a showcase of unrelated items at a show in Holland just last weekend .
    Never thought I'd find a reason to show it here that soon .

One key here is to look at the fine white lines on the sides of the black strap .
    Rather than straight lines of stripes , they should look like lines of toppled domino's .
    I have not seen a reproduction yet that got this feature right ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Troddel ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Troddel ? 

And though this type was designed to be worn with the NCO sword , I was happy to find it in use on bayonets as well ( somehow both by TV ) . At least now I don't have to wait for a Degen to put it to use ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Troddel ?   SS Troddel ?  

Thank you, as ever, for your stellar role here. I stand corrected as the use of the knot with the bayonet, but its primary role was with the sword.
    I wish I had kept the rig I had. I found one of these knots forty years ago and was proud to add it to the sword and so forth.
    All too droll, really. I do not collect edged weapons. You cannot have everything.

Thanks for the fine posts and very fine, wonderful images.

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    Well , what are the odds ?

I found these 2 in a showcase of unrelated items at a show in Holland just last weekend .
    Never thought I'd find a reason to show it here that soon .

One key here is to look at the fine white lines on the sides of the black strap .
    Rather than straight lines of stripes , they should look like lines of toppled domino's .
    I have not seen a reproduction yet that got this feature right ..
    Thanks a lot for your opinion
    That's the pic I was meaning...

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    And though this type was designed to be worn with the NCO sword , I was happy to find it in use on bayonets as well ( somehow both by TV ) . At least now I don't have to wait for a Degen to put it to use ..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast