Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS tropical sleeve eagle

Article about: Hi all, I recently purchased this tropical sleeve eagle and thought I wouid post it for opinions , I believe it to be a good original example from others I have compared it to on the forum b

Default SS tropical sleeve eagle

Hi all, I recently purchased this tropical sleeve eagle and thought I wouid post it for opinions , I believe it to be a good original example from others I have compared it to on the forum but I see there are variations so another opinion would help put my mind at ease, also the tag is still in place to the back of the eagle. Thanks in advance.

John.. SS tropical sleeve eagleSS tropical sleeve eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS tropical sleeve eagle   SS tropical sleeve eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tropical sleeve eagle
    P
    Many

?

I don't like it.
    The first time I have ever seen a paper tag on one. They came in rolls and did not come with tags.

Hi Steve , I have seen many with tags still in place there are a few threads here that show them in place and they were given the OK also on WAF, I'm sure I've also seen several still joined together with tags, I think the six digit number may have something to do with the machine it was produced on but maybe someone else will no for sure.

Cheers John.

?

Lots of them had tags. I bought 2 of them with consecutive numbers. The dealer had a big roll of them. They were something like $5 each or two for $8. This was 1973 or 1974 prices.
    Last edited by kirby; 06-09-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Kirby I wish they still were, I think there still reasonable though compared to the standard ones and I think they look good, do you no how many variants of this particular eagle there are ?

Cheers John

?

You might want to pick up the Mark Bando book Insignia & Artifacts of the Waffen SS. It is a must have for SS collectors. I haven't seriously collected SS in a long time. I am sure a search here and on WAF should answer your question.

Thanks for your input and advice kirby it's much appreciated ..

Cheers John