Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS tropical tunic

Article about: I found this pictures from one seller in Italy... Let me know what do you think about!! ssafri10 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service ss_tro11 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting servic

antony.s
    ?

Exclamation SS tropical tunic

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: SS tropical tunic

This is actually not an SS model of the tunic. Close up pictures of insignia will be good. (anyway eagle could be original, due of it's cheap price)
    The cufftitle looks like new attached due of fresh stitchings on a salty tunic. My opinion this tunic will be good as the base to complete with Wehrmacht insignia.
    About insignia is hard to say without close-ups, but at my choise I will take for my collection the tunic with it's own character and with originally attached insignia.

antony.s
    ?

Thanks, I saw and I think the same. This tunic it seems to me original, but all the insigna are post stitchings. For inform you the seller ask 1470 $...

The Das Reich cuff title is a reproduction and the sleeve chevron is a Kriegsmarine type. Look in the 3rd picture at the cuff title. See how it appears to be rubbed in order for it to look old and used. Another thing is I don't believe any soldier in Das Reich division would ever have worn a tropical jacket. It served from the invasion of France and took part in several major battles on the Eastern Front, before it was pulled back to France and took part in the fighting in Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge and the last, desperate fighting in Hungary and Austria.
    All the best,
    David

antony.s
    ?

herrgeezer you're really great with your explanations!
    I thought that if the jacket may be good, but all the rest not!
    Only in 1941 during the invasion of Greece the Dar Reich did can wear some tropical uniform, but thinking that the invasion was during spring time, we can believe that Das Reich division never saw a tropen feld bluse!