Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Tunic Fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I have just joined this forum, but have been reading it for a few months now. I am traveling and found a SS Tunic in a village near the German border. I have not bought any tunics b

MrK
    ?

Default SS Tunic Fake?

Hi guys,
    I have just joined this forum, but have been reading it for a few months now. I am traveling and found a SS Tunic in a village near the German border. I have not bought any tunics before but have always wanted to, I mainly collect medals and badges. The tunic looks in ok condition, but is missing a few things. I have included a few pics which I have been sent, sorry they are not the best detail.

If it is ok, I would like to grab this to start my collection of WW2 tunics. Also, if it is real, how much would the re-sale value be worth incase my wife finds out

Sorry for the nub questions and lack of info, but I have seen from other posts that you guys have been really helpful, so thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunic Fake?   SS Tunic Fake?  

SS Tunic Fake?   SS Tunic Fake?  

SS Tunic Fake?   SS Tunic Fake?  

SS Tunic Fake?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS Tunic Fake?

Well the insignia are fake that's for sure.

Carlsson1982, what do you think of the material and the cut here? I ask mainly in the spirit of of learning.

the cut of that collar looks like what a tailor would call a "spread collar" and i don't think i've seen that on a tunic like this before.

I would have thought that an officers tunic would have a decent quality lineing in it but this one does'nt.Also the material looks like the deep ribbed stuff the latvians are knocking out.I put an OR's one on the forum a while back just to confirm that it was a wrong'un!Look at the maker marks behind the buttons,if they are like the ones that were on the tunic i posted they will be original ground dug examples with different manufacturers and probably a fair bit of dirt still attached as they only bothered to clean the front! I would give this a miss,SS stuff just does'nt "turn up" anymore,you need to spend big with a reputable dealer,preferably in the US where fewer east european fakes are around.

MrK
    ?

Ok thanks for the input guys. I will give it a miss. I haven't done enough research on this one and i'm only in the area for 24 hours. Its a shame though, it would have been good to find one cheap over this side of the globe. I was told it was from 4th SS Panzer Division (I assume 4 SS Polizei-Panzer-Grenadier-Division?) which operated in the area where this guy is located and he mentioned that it was an M36 model constructed towards the end of the war.

I didnt have enough knowledge on this one, your help was appreciated, so thanks again!

?

Without being an expert on this, my first impression of the fabric was that it looks strange. As Carlsson already have pointed out, the insignia are bad fakes.

Regards, Lars

?

It's looks like a very old copy
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics