MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Tunic Is this fake?

Article about: I hope that the jerk that sold it to you as a fake really gets it..

JDIGGITY1
    ?

Default SS Tunic Is this fake?

Newbie here! I was wondering if this tunic is real I am pretty sure the helmet it a repro but not sure about the tunic. Thanks .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunic Is this fake?   SS Tunic Is this fake?  

SS Tunic Is this fake?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: SS Tunic Is this fake?

hi , much better pics needed. shots of interior lining and construction,close ups of arm eagle and collar tabs ,buttons rear marked or not. impossible to give an opinion from just these pics..cheers paul..

JDIGGITY1
    ?

Thats the only pics i have for now. I went out on a limb and bought it already. I was just looking for a rough idea so I know kind what to expect when I go pick it up. Thanks

Sorry, but it is not original. Get a refund. Always seek advice on the forum before buying.

Cheers, Ade.

?

hi, i admire your bravery on buying from just the pics without a hands on inspection,, these items in fact any ss bits are a minefield..try post interior shots when you get it ...cheers paul

?

Sorry but this is clearly not original i hope you haven't paid much for it ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Welcome to the forum, JDIGGITY1 !

Sadly, the verdict is in..................

It is interesting that some of the faked badges and insignia are placed incorrectly
    to 'fill out' the look of the jacket, and how the belt is suspended by a tunic button !

I too, hope you did not pay much, and can get a quick refund.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 07-13-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Oh my word! Definitely most definitely not one to buy on one picture. Sorry hope you can get something back, even the GAB and IAB are fake (and incorrectly placed)........... And what's with the armband?

Interesting mix of insignia

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Oh my word! Definitely most definitely not one to buy on one picture. Sorry hope you can get something back, even the GAB and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen are fake (and incorrectly placed)........... And what's with the armband?

Interesting mix of insignia
    frankenstien comes to mind nice heer belt an buckle nsdap armband........ get a refund if you can

JDIGGITY1
    ?

Thanks guys i really do appreciate all of your help on this stuff. I can't get a refund ...but the way I look at it is " It's going to be one HELLUVA conversation piece with my friends when they see it.... I will how ever supply them lots of alcohol (hoping they don't remember) before I fess up on both the price and authenticity. My wife on the other hand has sworn to secrecy on this unless I say otherwise she said " We have blown more money than that and have absolutely nothing to show for it, no biggie live and learn" MAN DO I LOVE MY WIFE! BTW I am not telling you guys how much I paid you would die laughing! Thanks again! Jdiggity1 AKA "The Bad Lieutenant"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast