Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Tunic for Review...

Article about: I need some opinions on this SS tunic I came across. All of my books are packed away at the moment so I can't even compare the style to determine what type this is. Can you guys tell me if i

?

Default SS Tunic for Review...

I need some opinions on this SS tunic I came across. All of my books are packed away at the moment so I can't even compare the style to determine what type this is. Can you guys tell me if its authentic, and if so what can you tell me about it?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...SS Tunic for Review...
    SS Tunic for Review...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tunic for Review...
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Tunic for Review...

It is a Police issue tunic. Note the pleated top pockets, while the lower ones are plain.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for the info. So in your opinion this is a good one, no signs of modification or replaced insignia? Would this simply be referred to as an SS Police Tunic, or is there a more official name?

?

It actually looks like fake insignia to me that was applied to an old (as Ade educated us) Police tunic. The writing in pen inside the coat is probably recent add to make the tunic look more official to untrained eye. thanks

?

Ade, what do you think about jHAM's comments? Are the insignia fakes, applied to a Police tunic?

?

Hello, in my opinion the sleeve eagle looks a bit off. Tunic looks nice though. If i were you, I would take the wrong insignia off and try to restore it to original.Thanks for showing!
    ~Dean

I don't like the runic tab design. That would end it for me.

The tunic would need close up photos to see if any other older insignia had been removed, such as a sleev eagle or collar litzen.

Not SS Police, but a Police tunic with Waffen SS insignia on it.

My advice is to stick to "textbook" regulation items.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks guys. I'll stay away from this one. Too many question marks.

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Hello, in my opinion the sleeve eagle looks a bit off. Tunic looks nice though. If i were you, I would take the wrong insignia off and try to restore it to original.Thanks for showing!
    ~Dean
    after a closer look the adler looks like the late war Dachau variant, much like the one on my m43 w-ss tunic . mine also is a HEER style blouse with six buttons and three belt hook holes. I wanted to clarify the alder comment i made earlier.

all the insignia are fake to my eyes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast