Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS tunic for review...

Article about: Hi all. I know these photos aren't perfect, but they're all I have to work with at the moment. I'm trying to get a few more from the seller. I'm hopeful that these will (at least) be enough

?

Default SS tunic for review...

Hi all. I know these photos aren't perfect, but they're all I have to work with at the moment. I'm trying to get a few more from the seller. I'm hopeful that these will (at least) be enough to start the conversation. Perhaps there is something immediately obvious about this tunic that rules it in or out in terms of being a good one, or at least showing promise. FYI - there are no collar tabs on this tunic, they've been removed. You can kind of see the stitching outline on the underside of the collar.

Thoughts?

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tunic for review...
    P
    Many

Modern repro ,methinks.

Do not like the material to the reverse of the collar or the cut of the pockets.

Other members' may well be able to confirm without better photos but as it stands, it would not be for me.

I don't know anything about tunics, and I yield to the opinions of the experts, but I would like to note that the sleeve eagle looks authentic, despite what appears to be some damage to the left wing... The picture was taken at a bad angle, though. Is this a case of a reproduction tunic with an original eagle attached?
    Last edited by daveward; 03-05-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Images aren't great but the EK ribbon looks iffy to me. As stated above, the collar reverse material appears suspect.

Biggest red flag to me is that the photos are so clumsily taken. Wouldn't you think that a serious seller with a high value item that they genuinely want to part with would take quality shots in decent light rather than simply have some guy hold the piece up by the scruff of the neck while their partner in crime (pun intended) bangs away with their iphone?

?

Hi all. Thanks for the feedback so far. I do agree that the stiffening material being used on the reverse is odd, but I also know there were variations used during the period so I hesitate to rule it out based on that detail alone (although it is also the first thing I noticed about it as well).

I'm attaching a couple of additional shots showing close ups of the stiffening material beneath the collar, a close up shot of the ribbon, and another shot of the eagle. Keep in mind, the seller is an older gentleman who is certainly no photographer. The shots he's taken so far (in my opinion) are not meant to hide or deceive, they simply reflect what he feels are the photos I'm requesting that he take. I don't want to get sidetracked by assumptions related to photo quality - I assure you that's not the case here. I'm trying to get better photos, but in the meantime this is what I have to work with.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback guys!!

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

Dzyner

Why can't the photos be clicked on and magnified? Surely the dear old gent can send you full sized images?

The Hoheitszeichen is also bogus. The whole thing looks pretty bad to me, and the reverse of the collar is surely damning.

I do not collect this type of uniform, but there are now so many of these type of things created for re enactors and such, they are everywhere.

Pfui.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-05-2015 at 04:58 PM.

?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I realize the photos suck, but that's the best the poor old gentleman can do at this point. I'll push for better photos since it sounds like there is a mix of positive and negative feedback here. I appreciate feedback from anyone experienced with SS cloth, but I'd really like feedback from those who collect these types of tunics as a whole. Anyone?

Note that the tunic is not fabricated of officer quality material. That alone owuld be enough for me to stay clear of it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

One aspect of real collars on real field blouses is that they are very firmly attached. Very.
    This one is not so attached. Ergo, pfui.

The whole thing looks wrong and looks to me, very much, like a re enactor wonder.

- - ------- - -

On the other site some person who works on heating and air found a real tunic of this type. I have the images somewhere.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast