Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS tunic for review...

Article about: Hi guys. Here's another SS tunic I'd like to get some opinions on. Initially I thought it to be junk but there appear to be some promising elements to it (in my opinion). Then again, I'm not

?

Default SS tunic for review...

Hi guys. Here's another SS tunic I'd like to get some opinions on. Initially I thought it to be junk but there appear to be some promising elements to it (in my opinion). Then again, I'm not an SS tunic expert, which is why I'm posting it here

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

SS tunic for review...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tunic for review...
    P
    Many

This piece is total junk. The insignia is all very poor quality fakes. The tunic itself is also bad made from incorrect material and construction. Bad to the bone with nothing positive to say.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Love that iron cross on a chain. NH

I got beat on the draw vis a vis a reply but can only echo the reply from Bob Coleman.

The insignia is dire, the cut of the tunic is incorrect, the whole thing is just a complete "NO" from start to finish.

?

Ha! Thanks guys I appreciate the quick feedback. I'm not surprised in the least regarding the tunic itself but I'd at least hoped the sleeve eagle had a chance. Oh well. This is why I post here.

The doorman who lost this jacket is looking for it! NH

Last time around I did not notice that the tailor tag is from Spain.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...Well, I'll pile on so penalize me for ruffing the passer. I agree with Bob on this tunic. In all the years that I've been collecting, I have never seen a double skull collar tab set on a tunic that was real. I'm sure somebody can point me to one, but to date, never seen one. When I see one, the red flag goes up, as well as the hair on the back of my neck. The tag inside is a nice touch for novice collectors. "Look, it has a tag inside. It must be original." I just hope that you didn't actually buy this and was getting feedback from this forum before buying. I know that is not always possible. If you're at a show you might not be able to get the help you need. Don't walk away from this tunic... RUN away. If you have doubts or questions, put it down and walk away. YOU are your own worst enemy. If you want something bad enough that you will take a bad piece, it's YOU who you are hurting. Good luck. Here are two examples of officer Totenkopf insignia: collar tab and cuffband.

The tunic appears to be an early post-war West German Bundeswehr type with repro insignia.

?

Quote by Panzer Crewman View Post
    The tag inside is a nice touch for novice collectors. "Look, it has a tag inside. It must be original." I just hope that you didn't actually buy this and was getting feedback from this forum before buying.
    No, I would never purchase something like this without feedback, usually from multiple sources. However, when you have so many experienced folks together on a forum as reputable as this one, providing so much more than the standard "fake!" or "not for me." comments (actually providing educational feedback), there is no need for me to look any further. Truth be told, as I mentioned in my initial comment, I already assumed it to be junk; the label on the inside below the collar, as well as the RZM tag and a few other details gave me little hope for the tunic as a whole, but I'd hoped that at least an insignia or two would be good. Looks like that is definitely not the case here.

Thanks to everyone for the quick, honest and detailed feedback! This is one of the reasons I love this forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast