Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert

Article about: True, once your lot get that SOPA thing introduced we're all up \\$hit creek in a barbed wire canoe!

Default Re: SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert

SS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    If I had 19k floating around to spend on militaria, I can assure all and sundry the LAST thing I would purchase would be such a ghastly piece of dross as the topic of this thread.
    I agree with you, but others diverge in their taste, which is their privilege. The results, however, harm us all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert
    P
    Many

I think we all need some perspective.

We collect old shit.

If somebody wishes to milk you and overcharge or peddle fakes, don't pay, or do. No need for drama.

Ye gods, I found and spent the last 2 hrs reading the related thread on the maroon site...now I have a headache. Thank the goddess for Woodford Reserve I say.

Mind, should truth prevail and the innocent be revealed, if the German dealer be found to be blameless, I weep for his reputation given the feeding frenzy on that forum.

?

Ye gods, I found and spent the last 2 hrs reading the related thread on the maroon site...now I have a headache. Thank the goddess for Woodford Reserve I say.

Mind, should truth prevail and the innocent be revealed, if the German dealer be found to be blameless, I weep for his reputation given the feeding frenzy on that forum.
    the german dealers reputation was tarnished many years ago ,he has been involved in many shady deals/scams.
    the most famous/infamous being the paul conrath eichenlaub documents ,sold to a well known american collector of items relating to the hermann goring div a mr george peterson. sold to mr peterson by detlev niemann who was used as a frontman by kai winkler ,the buyer was lead to believe the document had come from the conrath family. this doc in an original mappe was bought by peterson and only later when being sold on by him to another buyer was it discovered to be a fake . if my memory is right the fact that it was a fake was revealed by a conversation between the new buyer and helmut weitze ,who informed the buyer that it was a fake and was identifiable by a discreet forgers mark ....pavel

SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert
    Quote by stug View Post
    the german dealers reputation was tarnished many years ago ,he has been involved in many shady deals/scams.
    the most famous/infamous being the paul conrath eichenlaub documents ,sold to a well known american collector of items relating to the hermann goring div a mr george peterson. sold to mr peterson by detlev niemann who was used as a frontman by kai winkler ,the buyer was lead to believe the document had come from the conrath family. this doc in an original mappe was bought by peterson and only later when being sold on by him to another buyer was it discovered to be a fake . if my memory is right the fact that it was a fake was revealed by a conversation between the new buyer and helmut weitze ,who informed the buyer that it was a fake and was identifiable by a discreet forgers mark ....pavel
    This data only adds weight to my theory posted above, i.e. trans Atlantic exchanges of poison in the forms of clumps of metal or silly decorated folios.....

Pfui Teufel.SS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert

Sometimes we need to think (When talking about some of the persons on the other site) "Out of all those millions of sperm cells... you survived?"

I wonder if, I took a sharpie and wrote (SS) on my wrapped deer sausage it would be "original" in some collectors eyes... or fake sausage...

Have sure heard and read alot of excited chatter about these newly "discovered" SS Tuxedo badges. From what I can tell, there seems to be several different "camps" on the issue. Brand new fakes? Undiscovered originals? New variety of originals? Obviously, everyone can't be right and everyone can't be wrong. Did the German seller unknowingly sell fakes? Did he know they Were fakes? One person I was recently talking to had an unusual way of looking at it. They said "Everyone is so used to seeing some newby kid or collector posting some horrid fake thing on here and asking "Fake or Real?" and finding out they got screwed out of their money by some crook. Well, now, for once, we get to see all the big time advanced collectors get abit of the same thing. Suddenly the pompous windbags get all up in arms when They get fooled and swindled. "
    Interesting perspective, I guess and not one that I entirely Share,btw... but the big question now, is Did they get ripped off? I remember seeing these scab ugly badges 40 years ago and didn't Want one. I thought they looked cartoony and stupid, to tell the truth. Red eyes? Really? And who wanted to buy one, if there was almost zero chance of ever assembling a uniform to put it on? SS tuxedos are absurdly rare and unseen. These badges are seen so seldom and were so defensively protected, that I don't believe there's ever Been any comprehensive study done or Able to be done of them to determine just what Is the standards for them and what isn't. Silver? Aluminum? Painted silver? Square nuts? Round geared nuts? Marked? Not marked? Partly marked? Backplates with Square edges? Round edges? When one surfaced, all you ever would hear is "It's fake. I have one and I'm telling you it's fake but I won't tell you why." Well, that may well have kept the fakers at bay for awhile but it was inevitable that eventually some one would get a hold of a Real one and copy it and now they apparently Have. Except that for all the defensive barking, nobody was allowed to know what the exact standards Were for the genuine pieces and now there's trouble because of it. If a study Had been done of the existing badges and a book issued on them, as was, say, the Gold Party Badges or the Honor Rings, so many advanced collectors wouldn't perhaps have Gotten burned here-If they Did,by the way. It hasn't been definitively proven yet that these Are new and fake...Only time and an eternity of bickering and accusations and assertions will determine That.....it's going to be a Long ride....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think we all need some perspective.
    We collect old shit.
    If somebody wishes to milk you and overcharge or peddle fakes, don't pay, or do. No need for drama.
    I could not have said it better. Also, no need for collecting philosphy 101.

What I don't understand is why the MODERATORS of this forum have allowed random stupid images to be posted OVER AND OVER.
    I GUESS(?) I understand the symbolism and all that, but seriously, do I need to come to a QUALITY forum and see a LARGE BLURRY photo of an animal on a leash four or five times? Or maybe the cover of a book? Or some random explosion?

This guy makes good points, but I do not need "carrot-top" style visual aids to understand those points.

What surprised me even more is that is was "liked" but some of our longest lasting and most well informed members.

This is the BEST forum on the internet. That is why I am here and not on Whermacht Awards. Can we PLEASE keep it this way?!

-Martin

You can always scroll past the images you don't like, it's a free internet.

You can always scroll past the images you don't like, it's a free internet.
    For now....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast