Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every day

Article about: I just felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck,,from the collective of Koch

Default SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every day

Greetings. Here's something probably all would love to have in their collection, but wouldnt the complete tunic have been something. I dont recall the sale price on others so I wouldnt know how this one compares. For sale on the Wharmond site. Regards, Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every day 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every day
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every day

Whammond finds good material. An impressive badge.

?

A very nice item.

SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every daySS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every dayI have images of this item in wear. I will add it at some point.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-18-2013 at 12:35 AM.

The SS aura never ceases to amaze me. Nice find!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It was my intention to add to the database of authentic material that this site contains. The additional contributions by members concerning background issues and contextual information is what elevates this site. In truth, I anticipated some further rare and relevant inputs and was not disappointed. Thanks.

?

Here is another one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every day  

Thanks. I have some more images, but no time to affix them. Will do so in a day or so. Thanks to all.

Hope I don't come across as an old nitpicker, but technically, the types of "Death's Head" sleeve diamond seen in the first post and the one seen in the period photographs are not quite identical and served different purposes:

The piped version was worn by enlisted personnel on the staff of a concentration camp commandant.

The unpiped version as worn by Theodor Eicke (in the first photograph) and Otto Reich & Paul Nostitz (in the second one) was worn by those officers in the SS-Totenkopfverbände who held a rank of Standartenführer or higher.
    With their rank insignia displayed on both collar patches, the device on the sleeve diamond "replaced" the one normally worn on the right collar patch.
    (The same principle applied, for example, to the Edelweiss sleeve diamonds worn by officers ranked Standartenführer or higher serving with the 87th Standarte and Abschnitt XXXVI.)

(D'Alquen certainly has more documentation on this.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-18-2013 at 08:50 PM.

?

Thanks for the info, but this is the only period picture I could find of a totenkopf diamond in use.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast