Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS TV tab

Article about: Hello everybody, my name is Paolo and I am new to the forum. Just wanted to post one of my SS TV tabs. Comments and opinions welcome and by all means feel free to post some of your own!

Default SS TV tab

Hello everybody, my name is Paolo and I am new to the forum. Just wanted to post one of my SS TV tabs.
    Comments and opinions welcome and by all means feel free to post some of your own!

SS TV tab

SS TV tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TV tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS TV tab

Wouldn't early style Totenkopf CT's have piping around them?

Yes but they were not issued with it. it was up to the soldier to apply the piping and they were ordered to remove it in 1940 I believe

Heres another pic

SS TV tab

this is an interesting tab for sure. facing right, unpiped, with regiment. the stitching looks good to me.

Its not too uncommon to see them without piping, the value goes up if they still have it. Id say a good 40% of the early tabs Ive seen did not retain the piping.
    Thanks for the comments Octavian, I have a couple others I will post pics of when I have the chance.

sorry its just a pure horrible copy tab.
    there are even better copy's out then this example.

It not being piped isn't the problem. The problem is the detail and material, especially the backing. Sorry, wish I had better news. These are rare tabs and as Rob has already stated, there are better fakes than this one out there: the more valuable an item, the better the fakes.

Ok I can respect your guy's opinions and I thank you for them. Especially you Robert, you have quite a wonderful site. But I can't help but feel like I've seen known original examples with far less detail than this one. The TV sleeve diamond on germanmilitaria.com for example; the backing looks good and so does the piping from what I can see of it, but the embroidery is somewhat crude in my opinion. If you can elaborate a little more I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks again guys.

Robert knows his way around SSTV insignia. We also have elsewhere many authentic examples.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast