Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

ss uniform ???

Article about: do you think this is good.thanks

Default ss uniform ???

do you think this is good.thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss uniform ???   ss uniform ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss uniform ???
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum oldthings. I know very little about the originality of SS uniforms, but I do know that only a telepath could tell from the photos you have provided.
    You will need to provide MUCH more detailed photos than these for those in the know to help you out.

some more photos he is looking at $1250 for it..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss uniform ???   ss uniform ???  

ss uniform ???   ss uniform ???  

Brother I wish you all the best but the coat is bad. It looks like green denim material. The insignia are all bad Latvia shield sleeve eagle collar tabs etc. As well as the interior liner. It's just no good. Best regards.

Brian

ss uniform ???ss uniform ???

Comparison. Again collectors guild images

The uniform alone would be suspect to heavy scrutiny. Together with the ground dug 'SS' lid and the dreaded helmet-with-wire, it would seem that this seller is very much in the profession of 'con artist.'
    In short, these are most likely fakes or embellishments and as such are a complete and utter waste of money.

In this hobby, research and foreknowledge is imperative. You absolutely must know what you're buying, especially when it comes to anything related to the SS. They are rare and desirable items, and as such are regularly -- and sometimes very convincingly -- faked with the express purpose of parting new or inexperienced collectors from their cash. It is said that for every genuine SS item on the market, there are dozens of fakes. These items are very much the latter.

Best regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    The uniform alone would be suspect to heavy scrutiny. Together with the ground dug 'SS' lid and the dreaded helmet-with-wire, it would seem that this seller is very much in the profession of 'con artist.'
    In short, these are most likely fakes or embellishments and as such are a complete and utter waste of money.

In this hobby, research and foreknowledge is imperative. You absolutely must know what you're buying, especially when it comes to anything related to the SS. They are rare and desirable items, and as such are regularly -- and sometimes very convincingly -- faked with the express purpose of parting new or inexperienced collectors from their cash. It is said that for every genuine SS item on the market, there are dozens of fakes. These items are very much the latter.

Best regards, B.B.
    hi yes i was thinking that this lot was not any good.all of them are in Latvia for sale.as i live in new zealand if i was buying them i know i be not geting my $$ back.so good i did not buy them...but its good to know what you all think.thanks so much..

In America I too have seen a large amount of items, particularity on eBay, coming out of Lativa. A shame it was bad, but on the bright side, your bank account lives to buy another day. All the best and happy collecting!

Quote by Midwest Picker View Post
    In America I too have seen a large amount of items, particularity on eBay, coming out of Lativa. A shame it was bad, but on the bright side, your bank account lives to buy another day. All the best and happy collecting!
    yes its not good but a lot of it going on.but its good we have somewhere to put photos up for you all to have a look.

nothing good here