MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etc

Article about: I know nothing about SS uniforms and insignia and would really appreciate some help in identifying the rank and insignia on the attached photo... cheers guys

Default SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etc

I know nothing about SS uniforms and insignia and would really appreciate some help in identifying the rank and insignia on the attached photo... cheers guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etc  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etc
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etc

This is a member of the SS-Totenkopfverbände wearing the black service tunic.

His right collar patch identifies his unit. I can't quite make out the cypher below the Death's Head, though; it looks either like an "S" or a "5". If it is an "S", it's the Sanitätsabteilung [Medical Detachment] of the SSTV; if it is a number "5", it's for the 5th company.

Rank is shown on the left collar patch. He is a Scharführer, i.e. the higher of the two JNCO ranks.

Default Re: SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etc

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This is a member of the SS-Totenkopfverbände wearing the black service tunic.

His right collar patch identifies his unit. I can't quite make out the cypher below the Death's Head, though; it looks either like an "S" or a "5". If it is an "S", it's the Sanitätsabteilung [Medical Detachment] of the SSTV; if it is a number "5", it's for the 5th company.

Rank is shown on the left collar patch. He is a Scharführer, i.e. the higher of the two JNCO ranks.

Many thanks that is of great help
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etcHere's what should a collar patch looks like without the patina of the past and the blur of time.

SS uniform insignia -help to identify rank etcIn the case of "S", here is an SSVT "S" for Sani.