Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Uniform up for Auction

Article about: Golding Young & Mawer Auction 18 Mar 2015. Is this a genuine uniform? http://cdn.u2.wrvc.co.uk/gym/LN18031...&maxHeight=275

Default SS Uniform up for Auction

Golding Young & Mawer

Auction 18 Mar 2015.

Is this a genuine uniform?

http://cdn.u2.wrvc.co.uk/gym/LN18031...&maxHeight=275

- - ------- - -

http://cdn.u2.wrvc.co.uk/gym/LN180315/683.jpg?maxWidth=365&maxHeight=275

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Uniform up for Auction
    P
    Many

SS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionWe have lots of images of real black SS uniforms and even real black SD uniforms so far as it goes.....

Oh, I found the proper images. It might well be a real uniform that has been put together or not.

The tunic is of the normal uniform woolen, and not of the grade that is usual for an officer's uniform.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-14-2015 at 07:04 PM.

I would say that with these images, the thing does not scream fake immediately, which often happens.

The badges shown more or less look good.

An Obersturmbannfuehrer of the SD is a very high rank and a significant piece, if it is indeed real.

The cap is marked as property of the national theater company in Brno, in Moravia, and it has the sweat shield actually of a field cap, which is a good sign. I have seen this stamp in other real caps.

It is likely an ex costume studio wonder from the Czech Republic, in this case, Moravia, and the parts may well all be real.

They may have been put together for a theater, but this is quite common in ex Czechoslovakia, which was left with lots of this stuff in 1945.

You have to examine how the insignia is attached and other key, subtle signs.

SS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionHere are some comparisons. Officers did indeed wear an enlisted grade uniform.

Don't buy it without actually examining it and show us the pictures beforehand.

I have two officer's caps ex Czechia, and one officer's uniform, which is also an enlisted issued uniform.

The key is to show us whether the SD rhombus is real.

Britain had fakes of these reaching back well into the dim past of the late 1960s.

The brown shirt with it also looks ok, although it has pockets on the chest, but it looks ok.

One of you should get better pictures of the inside and the attachment of the collar patches, the cuff title, and a close up of the rhombus. And of the buttons, and all relevant details.
    Also, whatever stamps are inside, either SS stamps or Czech stamps or man in the moon stamps.

I own three SD/Sipo black uniforms.

They are all higher quality, and tailor made with marks and name tags, in two cases; but I have seen officer uniforms in this quality, too.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-15-2015 at 03:23 AM.

SS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for AuctionSS Uniform up for Auction Some real SD insignia for comparison and the shoulder board it should have, and which is not shown somehow.

If the shoulder board is not there, then it is more likely put together. Or not.....

Happy foetid woolens.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-14-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks Friedricht

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast