Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Uniformknöpfe.

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, It has been a while since I posted a thread asking for an oppinion on an item, but it is not often I get an SS item, if this one gets the approval then this will probably be

?

Default Re: SS Uniformknöpfe.

I read Lord of the Flies in bed, and at school we are busy reading Tom Sawyer and the adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

The maroon site has trouble detecting bundeswehr mantels and thinking that a SS panzer cap bought for $1000 would be original.

SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.

Hopefully I might get some relic SS buttons. But we shall wait and see.

Cheers, Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Uniformknöpfe.
    P
    Many

i can't really get enough of F.B.'s collages. they are fantastic shots of some truly wonderful items.

i comment now because frankly i was taken by surprise as this thread developed to see how much i enjoyed contemplating SS buttons. i genuinely learned something here regarding a topic i'd never really put any thought into before. there's something about getting a little knowledge about something you did not know that you didn't know. you know what i mean?

i really appreciate the effort it takes to post all these studies.

?

Exactly. Like a previously unknown facet on your knowledge, ready should it ever come in use. I get ya

absolutely... a little something stored away now and awaiting that inevitable day that your butt may be saved simply by the knowing.

the problem with learning by seeing is that you see what you choose to see. in the end, you sometimes need to be made to see something which, up until you were made to notice some certain detail, you would not.

SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.The early uniforms of more or less the era 1934 through perhaps 1937 or so have buttons of a specific type, which should correspond more or less to SA/SS buttons and often have either the RZM license number of the pre early 1935 type or the post March or so 1935 mark of M 5 and the license number. These buttons are neusilber, i.e. nickle finish. They are very distinctive. Later uniforms have alu or alu zinc buttons and are marked differently more and more with the VA contract number. The first of these date to 1935, but the bulk are from 1937 and following.
    In fact, proper buttons are very important criterion I use to determine if a uniform is real or not. It is one of many, and such buttons have long been faked with flaws. Were I better photographer, I would include the reverse of these, but I am not a good photographer. I have included a number of early buttons of the nickle variety with the right pebbling.

?

As I recall FB you were pretty much decided about that bogus tunic I bought, but you especially requested close ups of the buttons to make the certain decision - just one example of the important of being acquainted with the correct patterns, I suppose!

R

SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.
    Quote by Styx View Post
    As I recall FB you were pretty much decided about that bogus tunic I bought, but you especially requested close ups of the buttons to make the certain decision - just one example of the important of being acquainted with the correct patterns, I suppose!

R
    Yes, indeed. I have the advantage of living with these things and looking at them each and every day, whereas other seekers of truth must peer through the camera obscura of these sites. My posts attempt to distill my experience for your benefit.

?

I must agree. I wish there was more threads like these. Where even though the item is fake, you still learn somthing and talk about Lord of the Flies and colages. Already four interesting pages.

Thanks Friedrich, I have saved the button photos for future reference.

You have some great tunics and caps. I have never been in the same room with an SS tunic. So I have to gaze through the computer screen for most things.

Cheers, Patrick

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i can't really get enough of F.B.'s collages. they are fantastic shots of some truly wonderful items.

i comment now because frankly i was taken by surprise as this thread developed to see how much i enjoyed contemplating SS buttons. i genuinely learned something here regarding a topic i'd never really put any thought into before. there's something about getting a little knowledge about something you did not know that you didn't know. you know what i mean?

i really appreciate the effort it takes to post all these studies.
    Thank you. Much success do I wish you in your collecting.

SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.SS Uniformknöpfe.
    Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    I must agree. I wish there was more threads like these. Where even though the item is fake, you still learn somthing and talk about Lord of the Flies and colages. Already four interesting pages.

Thanks Friedrich, I have saved the button photos for future reference.

You have some great tunics and caps. I have never been in the same room with an SS tunic. So I have to gaze through the computer screen for most things.

Cheers, Patrick
    Happy collecting. Needless to say, when I was thirteen, I was totally and completely on my own with all of this, but there was nearly no material of this type at hand. All of this has sped up quite bit, of course. The whole thing is confusing. As you state it, I am in rooms with SS tunics and caps. An odd way to live, really. I could have put the money in marble counter tops and more conventional possessions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast