Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Thanks for the images. We are grateful to have these things so nicely arranged here. Schumacher used to post on one of the other sites, but was lynched by the envious a

?

Is it possible to show more photos of the "Norge" sturmfuhrer tunic Sir. I would love to see more detailed pics of this very rare piece of history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection
    P
    Many

Hope I did this right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection   ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection  

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection   ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection  

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection   ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection  

?

Thumbs up

I wonder how many of the rest of us it would take to match what you have???
    Like many I have a few, but not a dint in yours and that is if I include my Lw u. Km uniform items.
    I do have one W-SS camo that is not shown in the above photos, a mint 44 dot pattern jacket u. pants. Got the set, along with an SS helmet, from the vet who brought it back, in 1961.
    Here is the SS jacket and some of my Lw uniform items. The last 2 are HBT, a reed green Lw Flak and a blue flieger blus. I also have pants for all of these.
    Sarge
    ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionSarge,

Remember! I started collecting in 1973. That's before many of you were born... no insult intended. And collectors dream of going back to the days when things were inexpensive. They were never inexpensive --- all is relative. I started collecting on Navy E-5 pay. So my income wasn't very much.

And over the years more collectibles have disappeared into collections. Somebody writes a book about veteran stickpins or Waffenrocks and WHAM! All of a sudden you can't find them. It's pretty much all being collected now... tinnies, post cards, stamps, coins, you name it. Nothing is cheap anymore.

In 2008 I diversified to Wehrmacht (Armed Forces) so that I could put up world-class, professional exhibits at shows and not be putting up Waffen-SS all the time. I come up with an exhibit theme and then match it up with four uniforms. Hopefully I did this right and some pix of exhibits show up.

Exhibits: German Police at North-South Trader National Civil War, WWI, WWII Show at The Showplace in Mechanicsville (Richmond)

Enlisted Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht, Prince William County WW2 Living History Weekend at Brentsville.

Uniforms of the Waffen-SS: Panzer and Assault Gun. Militaria Show at Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly.

Enlisted Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht, Military History Weekend in Williamsburg.

Uniforms of the Kriegsmarine, WW2 Living History Weekend at Sully Historic Site, Chantilly. This was essentially an outdoor event. I set up in the protected breezeway between the house and kitchen facing the south lawn. It was July and it was hot, humid and even my mannequins complained about the Virginia gnat. So no more outdoor exhibits. I exhibited at Sully last year but inside their new visitor center.

Cheers,
    Willi
    Last edited by Panzer Crewman; 03-02-2016 at 01:32 AM. Reason: add more info

Hello and welcome to the forum Willi!
    Thank you for allowing your fantastic collection to be displayed here on our forum!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sharing is what collecting is all about. I'll put more up as time goes by.

Sarge, I have a Luftwaffe flying officer dress tunic just like yours; same rank. Mine is named to a Bretschneider, but not the fighter ace Klaus. This tunic is dated 1937 and Klaus was born in 1920, making him only 17 when the tunic was made. So it couldn't be his. This guy must have had the Spanish Cross instead of the DKiG.

Enjoy. Willi
    Last edited by Panzer Crewman; 03-01-2016 at 11:23 PM. Reason: wanted to add more info

?

Thumbs up

The Lw is a "Mess Dress" and I have both breeches and straight pants to go with it.
    These tuniks are Not at all common items.
    I did not have a badge on this when I took the photo, should have as there are loops for a pilots or something similar. It had the Ost Front ribbon on it when I got it. Loops are to close together to be for a flight bar.

I've got you beat by almost 20 yrs! I started with a K98k, brought back by an uncle, to hunt deer with ($20 including bayonet) in 1953. I still have it. Got interested in the German stuff and it has been a down hill slippery slope ever since! Wish I'd had a lot of $$ back then, but unfortunately .50 an hr in the hay fields my Jr u. Sr year in HS didn't give me a lot of $$ to spend. It took a lot of hours to have the $20 for a K98k or P.38 and $35 for a Luger was way out of my price range. Fortunately I almost always had the money for things like medals/badges which were usually .50 - $1 ea. My first MP 40 only cost me $20. An MP 44 was $25. All less than a Luger, go figure!
    Sarge

?

Hello Willi

Thanks a lot for sharing !!!

cordially
    Didier

WOOW!!!...Thanks a lot for posting these BEAUTIES!

?

Thank you for finding time to post more pics of the "Norge" jacket Sir.
    I get a weird&wonderful feeling in my belly when i see all these wonderful items, it makes me very happy to see there exist important historical objects well looked after in collections around the world.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast