Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS Visor

Article about: Hello I would like to know if this SS Visor is original? Thank you in advance for any information. Raymond

?

Why do i have a Picture of a RZM Label with the same Serial number sewn into another cap in my files ??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachmentVM2LWJN8.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	955964Name:  -26-Cap7.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  50.4 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Name:  Ostermann caps and daggers.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  55.0 KB
    Quote by MM1985 View Post
    Why do i have a Picture of a RZM Label with the same Serial number sewn into another cap in my files ??

Name:	attachmentVM2LWJN8.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	955964Name:  -26-Cap7.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  50.4 KB
    I was not going to mention this fact, myself, since I am sick and tired of all these fights. There are two choices here: either the RZM sent out a tag
    with the same number, or the new cap is a very well made fake.....I cannot tell, but the I have the same image of the Schlienitz tag in an officer's black cap,
    as in the picture on the right. The cap is owned by a collector in the US Midwest, or was owned by same some years ago. It is a real cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2016 at 04:31 AM.
    damit, basta.

To remind persons, the serial number at the bottom of the tag is stamped at the source by the RZM.

You can easily tell if the ink stamp is done properly. That is, it is stamped on the existing tag.....

If the numbers are printed along with the tag itself, then I would be chary of such an item.

- - ------- - -

All of this can be determined in hand along with other known real items, which is what I do.

I do not really trust 100% these electro pictures as an end in themselves.

I own more than fifty SS caps and they are the measure of all things.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2016 at 12:39 AM.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Since I am not on facebook, but otherwise spend untold hours in a non pay status to share from my collection worth more than the average US automobile, and or
    whatever, what is this price? Also, I am unpaid to endure ongoing assaults on knowledge, wisdom, and sensible historical analysis, I would like to know.
    It's better for your soul that you avoid it. The hobby-based groups on Facebook can be filled with an unhealthy amount of ignorance, ill-manners, and neo-nazism. I understand our fellow member who started the other posting has just secured this visor. Asking price of 3900 USD.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    It's better for your soul that you avoid it. The hobby-based groups on Facebook can be filled with an unhealthy amount of ignorance, ill-manners, and neo-nazism. I understand our fellow member who started the other posting has just secured this visor. Asking price of 3900 USD.
    Thank you, friend, and you're a champ. USD 4000 is a sound price for the cap, if it is real. A shadow of a doubt adheres, because of the coincidence of the tag.
    I would have to compare the tag and the whole cap to others. I always worry that our very detailed posts will allow the already sophisticated black cap fakes to a
    advance to the next level.

My paranoia is not edifying. A cap made in 1937 simply betrays its age, even when in superb shape.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2016 at 04:32 AM.
    damit, basta.

Interesting detective work MM1985. Do your files contain information about the cap that has the duplicate RZM tag?

Name:	Cap7 copy 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	956008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cap2 copy.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	956006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cap4 copy.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	956007Name:  Ostermann caps and daggers.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  55.0 KBHere is the cap, in pictures from the last decade, whence appeared the first RZM tag with the # 048390. These images are from the year 2007.
    This item in said year was in an advanced collection.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2016 at 06:49 AM.
    damit, basta.

If this cap was secured at $3900 was is it up for auction now at the starting price of $3900.
    Are you sure this visor was sold at that price/

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12