Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS visor arrived yesterday

Article about: Hi guys. I am new to this forum and hope that I can learn over here and also share my collection. I collect WH, SS and British airborne. Here photo's of my last acquisition, an Italian cloth

?

From what I've learn't from Italian collectors over the years, there is a subtle difference between the fabric shown here and the type they generally consider "100% Italian" and known to them specifically.

The subject deserves it's own thread and would cover much ground but as yet, I've found that the interest isn't there yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi, Always nice to see original ss caps, and welcome to the forum.

cheers

Tony
    ...and we have more original SS caps on our site by dint of some very hard work as well as huge expenditure of treasure.

- - ------- - -

Quote by BenVK View Post
    From what I've learn't from Italian collectors over the years, there is a subtle difference between the fabric shown here and the type they generally consider "100% Italian" and known to them specifically.

The subject deserves it's own thread and would cover much ground but as yet, I've found that the interest isn't there yet.
    There is a sticky here from our lost Slovak who tried to analyze the variety of textiles used in SS peaked caps.

See here:

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    damit, basta.

?

As excellent as that thread was, it only describes this cloth as "Italian".
    From numerous discussions with my rather feisty friend Manny and which make perfect sense, thousands of types of fabric weave were produced during the period, not all that are obviously not German are definitely Italian either..

I see items (uniforms mostly) on obscure dealers sites made from Italian cloth. I have mostly avoided them. (Foolishly?)

Nice cap though, great condition!

Pat

?

Lots of fakes in "Italian" cloth Pat, that's why.

These are Kleiderkasse vintage . . . and likely, "Italian" variety cloth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS O caps right (Large).JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	613868  

Thanks for the information guys. My SS headgear collection now is 16 caps and 2 helmets. I had the possebility to acquire some beautiful and rare pieces the last 2 years. Most of them have allready been posted at GHW and WAF. Is it nice to post them at WRF as well?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    These are Kleiderkasse vintage . . . and likely, "Italian" variety cloth.
    Nice twins you have, my compliments ;-)

Quote by Phil Beekmeijer View Post
    Thanks for the information guys. My SS headgear collection now is 16 caps and 2 helmets. I had the possebility to acquire some beautiful and rare pieces the last 2 years. Most of them have allready been posted at GHW and WAF. Is it nice to post them at WRF as well?
    By all means, post them here. We always like to see good authentic pieces here!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks,
    You will love some of my caps:-)
    I'll post them in a new thread later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12