Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS visor arrived yesterday

Article about: Hi guys. I am new to this forum and hope that I can learn over here and also share my collection. I collect WH, SS and British airborne. Here photo's of my last acquisition, an Italian cloth

Default SS visor arrived yesterday

Hi guys. I am new to this forum and hope that I can learn over here and also share my collection. I collect WH, SS and British airborne.
    Here photo's of my last acquisition, an Italian cloth private purchase SS visor in pristine condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor arrived yesterday   SS visor arrived yesterday  

SS visor arrived yesterday   SS visor arrived yesterday  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor arrived yesterday
    P
    Many

Thank you for showing us. I am not sure if your cap can be described as "private purchase," as, in my experience, the post 1941 caps often have maker's marks.
    This item seems to me more of the SS Kleiderkasse variant, or a contract cap of simple manufacture.

Thanks for your reaction.
    When I discovered the sewn buttons to the side I thought the cap was perhaps privately tailored with the looks of a military factory example. I agree that the overall look and use of materials seems more like a contract cap. The sewn on buttons instead of the far more used split pen ones made me think privately tailored though.
    Paul

?

I would agree with FB, a hat of typical SS Kleiderkasse construction although this fabric is less well known and I've yet to meet anyone who had that much to say about it except Italian based member Manny who kept on getting banned from online forums...a shame.

Thanks Ben,
    I think you both are right. Kleiderkasse it is. That's what I thought when buying it.
    I have been banned once again at WAF because of problems 10 years ago with the moderators. These guys realy are hatefull :-(
    Paul

?

Don't get me started on the subject!

?

If it helps any, we know that large quantities of Italian manufactured cloth were brought back to the Reich and utilised in uniform manufacturer.
    Details are very sketchy though.

SS visor arrived yesterdaySS visor arrived yesterdaySS visor arrived yesterdayThe sewn on buttons are found on black SS caps and grey SS caps, in fact.
    I own several black SS officer caps, and these tend to have sewn on buttons for the cap cords.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    If it helps any, we know that large quantities of Italian manufactured cloth were brought back to the Reich and utilised in uniform manufacturer.
    Details are very sketchy though.
    Vol VI of Mollo speaks to this issue for the search for textiles at the height of the war, when the SS could not cover its requirements.
    There is also a Deutsche Wochenschau from the summer of 1940 ( I cannot find it now) at which time the clothing ware houses of the French army are being looted wholesale for the needs of the Reich.
    While I cannot say so with any authority, the color of field grey especially in the field blouse and such becomes more olive colored in the wake of these events. That is, the blue green shade grew darker through its adulteration.
    The Nazis were deeply into the smash and grab of natural resources and goods as a raison d'etat. Such began domestically and spread across the face of Europe, and the textile question was always central to the Nazi cause.

In closing, let me say that anyone dissatisfied with the other site is welcome here. We have a much better and collegial site, where the search for knowledge is the highest priority.

Hi, Always nice to see original ss caps, and welcome to the forum.

cheers

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast