MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?

Article about: Hi all, I came across this SS visor on sale for \\$3,500. It looks period to me. Is that not insanely cheap?? Would this not usually go for about \\$8,000?... It is not in perfect condition, but

Default SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?

Hi all, I came across this SS visor on sale for $3,500. It looks period to me. Is that not insanely cheap?? Would this not usually go for about $8,000?... It is not in perfect condition, but still. Please correct me if I'm wrong, that is, if there's something about this hat that makes $3,500 a fair price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?   SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?  

SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?   SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?

Worn by the former doorman at the Third Reich Joke Shop.

An original would sell for $25000.00 plus.

Bob Hritz

Default Re: SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?

Note the sand papered sweatband to simulate "wear"....

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks guys. If it's too good to be true, than it's too good to be true. Couldn't afford it even if it were authentic at that price.

Here's another one he has for sale. This one is $3,000... Boy these sure are good fakes. At least to untrained eyes such as mine...

What are some giveaways about this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?   SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?  

Plastic sweatshield for one. Wrong shade of brown for the lining: it should be a more orange shade of brown. Overall poor build quality.

We have a wealth of images on the forum of originals of these to compare with.

Cheers, Ade.

Will check those out, thanks Ade. Guess they're not such good fakes after all.

We all have to learn at some point. Study is the key my advice is to save photos of original material for your own private study use.

Cheers, Ade.

I am no expert on these, but just from the quality of these 2 caps, tell me they are not good.

Brian

yes on the first cap we can recognize the austrian fake insignia (again), and on the second you have the 'pigeon-head' fake eagle.
    The caps are too obvious...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast