Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Visor Hat

Article about: Good evening everyone, I have what may be a reproduction SS Visor Hat. However, I need some help to ensure that this is a repro before I move forward by keeping it in my collection or sellin

Default SS Visor Hat

Good evening everyone,

I have what may be a reproduction SS Visor Hat. However, I need some help to ensure that this is a repro before I move forward by keeping it in my collection or selling it to someone as such. I've had various opinionsSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor Hat on this hat, therefore I want to throw it out here to gather some responses. I've researched this and I'm coming up short. I appreciate the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor Hat
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I am in no way qualified to comment but a quick search of the forum threads will turn up many examples of originals (or fakes).

Here is an original to compare to

SS visor black for review
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As said, if you do a quick search on the site here, you'll find probably the most examples in one place of original black SS caps. This one is, unfortunately, not one of them, as you've already guessed!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome to the Forum. Your hat is definitely a product of 4th Reich manufacturing. Next time, post an item here before parting with your money. SS caps missing it's badges are 99% fake as the fakers do not want to invest 2K in a cap they will be lucky to sell for that price. Check black SS cap under our search engine and you will find many examples of genuine caps.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

May I note that the Fa. Mueller in Zweibruecken had the RZM license for Muetzenmacher of A 2/28, and I am not wholly sure your cap is fake.

You should take clearer pictures of it, in fact.

Not all black SS caps are of the RFSS model, though most are.

Or, if you throw it out, I will take it.

SS Visor HatMost associate August Mueller with the Munich firm, which also had an A 2 license, i.e. A2/143.

Needless to say, the cap maker firms existed wherever there was a garrison to support it, and Zweibruecken/Pfalz was just such a garrison town.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-12-2016 at 09:18 PM.

The only way to know for sure is to examine the thing in hand, versus these circular and frustrating examinations of what are often bum pictures.

Happy hats.

ALU
    ?

Might I ask what's the difference between an A1 and an A2 manufacturing license?

SS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatAttachment 953216SS Visor Hat

black SS caps with maker logos, despite orders to the contrary. I own more than one of this type....and all authentic, too.

As you know, in mid 1934 or so, the RFSS ordered a standardization of the manufacture of caps, but as Wim points out in his fine book,
    not all followed the orders. In 1935, also, in the campaign against Kitsch with Nazi symbols and such, the RZM banned maker logos, too.
    And so forth.

Group A 1 – factory (Mützenfabriken) and Group A 2 - private companies (Mützenmacher)

First it was A 2/28 August Müller, Zweibrücken. This licence expired 02-29-36
    The same day a new permission was granted as A 1/28 Pfälz. Mützenfabrik, also
    Zweibrücken, owned again by August Müller. With this there should be an RZM-tag.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast