Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS visor hat-early insignia,late hat

Article about: This grey cap atop the black DRP helmet came from the same collection as the one under inquiry, and was originally Shea's. It is also in the Shea Beaver book, which speaks for the taste of t

Default Re: SS visor hat-early insignia,late hat

SS visor hat-early insignia,late hatYou can see the small black fabric thingy here if you squint. And, as the label says, there is also a rubber cushion behind the sweat band.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor hat-early insignia,late hat
    P
    Many

I should make new pictures, as these are Shea's old regime pictures with his old, dorky camera.

This cap was sold to me as found by an OSS man who took it off a war criminal. However, Dinkel was actually a major figure in Sta. 32, (Heidelberg/Mannheim) and was also an NSDAP Kreisleiter, and far from being a war criminal, had also been a figure in the church (?) and went on to be a CDU politician in local politics on the Neckar of the Federal Republic. He lived on to the 1970s.

SS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hat
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Marvelous examples which continue to thrill me. I do adore the rare variations!

What is most pleasing to me are the caps from makers during the period who were obviously well aware of the RZM rules regarding trademarks and such but still decided to bend the rules some what in order to make their products stand out from the rest.

Here is an example of trade marks in the period of their phasing out.

SS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatHere is the black cap just found in Indiana and its loose tag which compares with what I have posted here....all little scattered and broken pieces of the past. Ben is needed to fix the white cap. These black and white items are not mine. But the other black cap is mine.

SS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatSS visor hat-early insignia,late hatTrue artistry of cap making.

?

I would actualy repair the white hat free of charge just so that I could handle one in my lifetime.. Wow!

SS visor hat-early insignia,late hat
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    I would actualy repair the white hat free of charge just so that I could handle one in my lifetime.. Wow!
    Wow is right. The man who owns the two things is on the WAF, but he is likely now totally beset wit on line love letters.
    However, you are the man to fix the thing, that's for sure.
    The detached peak is a sign of the cap's authenticity.

Just one last question, which perhaps should have been my first. i was feeling a bit sheepish to ask....and hoped it would emerge through the discussion.
    I assume the eagle on the visor cap that is the original topic of this thread is a late NSDAP political visor cap eagle.
    Thanks. Paul

The badge can be either of the later SA type or the pre 1939 NSDAP type. It looks perfectly real to me, and were it fake, its previous owner would have noticed.....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The badge can be either of the later SA type or the pre 1939 NSDAP type. It looks perfectly real to me, and were it fake, its previous owner would have noticed.....
    Thank-you FB, for your input on matters both straightforward and less so. Regards, Paul

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast