Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Visor with photos of owner

Article about: Here is a new pickup and I wanted to get any comments on it. Sorry for some of the poor photos. Thank you!

?

Quote by all1knew View Post
    yeah I am really asking if the random photo I found on the net is the same guy as the guy Sam posted. They both wear a similar shaped visor without a chin strap, a DRL in silver, and a ribbon bar mounted to the left of the pocket on the chest.

William Kramer
    You don't be serious William...!? Their visors maybe look a bit at each other but don't you see they have a totally different face?????
    Truely look a likes...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor with photos of owner
    P
    Many

You also want to get the man's Stammrollenkarte and measure the size of the cap. If the two are the same, then you can be fairly certain about your purchase.

If he had a 54 cm head and the cap is 59 cms in size, then there are questions to be answered.

That is, the key piece of data in the personnel file is called the Stammrollenkarte, which usually has the man's measurements.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The two men in the photos are not the same person.
    true, Eicke died Feb. 26, 43 and the division formed after. Sam's guy died Feb. 4, 1942 so they can't be the same person.

maybe the guy with the Eicke cuff title borrowed the cap from his fallen brother

William Kramer

The use of any army cap by the Waffen SS is well documented. Mollo makes the point, and did so in the year 1973.

- - ------- - -

This came from v Lukacs in Sweden, did it not? He finds a lot of SS headgear.

true, Eicke died Feb. 26, 43 and the division formed after. Sam's guy died Feb. 4, 1942 so they can't be the same person.

maybe the guy with the Eicke cuff title borrowed the cap from his fallen brother

William Kramer

Does your data contain his career throughout until 1945? The letter from the Bundesarchiv only included the data from the Rasse und Siedlungshauptamt.

There should be his personnel file somewhere..... That it is not in Lichterfelde is a bad sign.

However, if he died in battle, then the Deutsche Diensstelle must have a file on him. Your archivist said as much in the letter from 2013.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Is this any better? Sorry I am a poor photographer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Visor with photos of owner   SS Visor with photos of owner  

SS Visor with photos of owner   SS Visor with photos of owner  

SS Visor with photos of owner  

The man in post # 6 is Herbert Hunger.

FB does the visor look authentic?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The man in post # 6 is Herbert Hunger.
    on the page where I found the image two different people are identified as Herbert Hunger:

Ailsby Collection: Pin of Honour of the SS-Heimwehr Danzig. Group of SS-Unterscharf

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Visor with photos of owner   SS Visor with photos of owner  

two different people are identified as Herbert Hunger on this page:

Ailsby Collection: Pin of Honour of the SS-Heimwehr Danzig. Group of SS-Unterscharf

William Kramer
    I noticed that too; all of the Grünheid material - including the award documents with the full name - is erroneously captioned as being for Hunger.

Another photo of the man can be found here:

Waffen-SS portrait ss heimwehr danzig needle ? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast