Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Visor with photos of owner

Article about: Here is a new pickup and I wanted to get any comments on it. Sorry for some of the poor photos. Thank you!

is something fishy going on here?

One wears extremely rare SS-Heimwehr Danzig cuff title. Other wears extremely rare SS-Heimwehr Danzig enamel pin. They both wear a similar shaped visor without a chin strap and the TK mounted right under the piping, both also sport a DRL in silver, and a ribbon bar mounted to the left of the pocket on the chest.

Also seeing the Hunger wearing a VERTICAL SS TK COLLAR TAB in one photo, SS runes in another.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Visor with photos of owner   SS Visor with photos of owner  

SS Visor with photos of owner   SS Visor with photos of owner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor with photos of owner
    P
    Many

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    FB does the visor look authentic?
    The cap is wholly real, the badges are real, and they are of the epoch of a wartime cap.

Thank you very much for your assistance Sir. I really appreciate your opinion FB.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you very much for your assistance Sir. I really appreciate your opinion FB.
    The cap is fine, I think. It is not a classical SS cap, but I am certain that they were used this way, since there is much evidence to show that the SS supply system
    could not meet demand. And the cap could well have been made prior to 1942, as it stands.

SS Visor with photos of ownerThe curriculum vitae says: I was born on 27 September 1919 in Bisingen/ Hohenzollern as the first child of Karl Brandstetter and his wife Emma nee Gausch. In the years 1926 until 1934, I visited the Volksschule and thereafter the continuing education school for two more years. From the 5th of April 1934 until 30th September 1937 I worked as worker's aide in the Mercedes shoe factory in Boeblingen( ?) Wuerttemberg

- - ------- - -

more to follow....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2015 at 11:14 PM.

"......I joined the Hitler Youth on date in 1933 and belonged to it without interruption until date 1937. Thereafter I joined the RAD, and on date in 1938, I joined the SSTV Oberbayern..." pp.

Andreas can fix what I left out. A fairly typical life. You have there his racial survey for the R und S H A, where he lays out his clean blood lines.

He has the hand writing of a poorly educated person, which he was more or less. And he died far too young, to boot.

I wonder what he experienced with Eicke and at Dachau at this time, which is interpreted by many good historical works.

You need his Stammrollenkarte, though, to be sure about the cap.

But I can well see this young man buying such a cap in the years 1940 or 1941....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2015 at 11:15 PM.

additional photos from grouping from the seller that posted this for sale on the WAF e-stand.

similar backgrounds too of these different men.

in the colorized photo he now has a DRL badge in silver, and while wearing the visor an off-center ribbon bar (vs. the centered ribbon bar in the photo NOT wearing the cap)

how strange.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Visor with photos of owner   SS Visor with photos of owner  

SS Visor with photos of owner   SS Visor with photos of owner  

SS Visor with photos of ownerYou need this document for your Paul Brandstetter from Hohenzollern land.

SS Visor with photos of ownerSS Visor with photos of ownerAlso kindly notice that this man Brandstetter was quite dead by the middle of the war.

SS Visor with photos of ownerSS Visor with photos of ownerand at the risk of riding a splintered hobby horse, if you cannot read German, the collecting of expensive SS material is likely too complicated for most persons.

Moreover, I do not look to the other site to discover the dizzying heights of well executed research.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast