Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

SS Visor with photos of owner

Article about: Here is a new pickup and I wanted to get any comments on it. Sorry for some of the poor photos. Thank you!

SS Visor with photos of ownerSS Visor with photos of ownerand the perhaps key point: the man died in action in early 1942.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor with photos of owner
    P
    Many

I read on the mayhem forum that this cap was restored, i.e. the SS insignia added to the item that was otherwise denazified, especially if it remained with the family somehow.

This kind of thing is also not at all improbable. I have seen many nice, authentic SS caps in the FRG minus their insignia.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-01-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I read on the mayhem forum that this cap was restored, i.e. the SS insignia added to what was otherwise denazified.

This kind of thing is also not at all improbable. I have seen many nice, authentic SS caps in the FRG minus their insignia.
    What difference does it make? For me, replacing missing insignia with genuine examples brings the piece back to it's formal glory. It is not a situation of attempting to make it something it is not. Some people at he other site would not believe anything unless it was found on the mummfied body of the former owner with a COA written by the deceased that the item was his during the period.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 07-01-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Some people at he other site would not believe anything unless it was found on the mummfied body of the former owner eith a COA written by the deceased that the item was his during the period.
    Exactly.

I have to agree also. As Bob said, the insignia on it is Period and Correct, so what could possibly be the difference? It's a fine hat with plenty of documentation and provenance. I would have no problem at all having this cap in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you all again. I really aporeciate your input.

What difference does it make? For me, replacing missing insignia with genuine examples brings the piece back to it's formal glory. It is not a situation of attempting to make it something it is not. Some people at he other site would not believe anything unless it was found on the mummfied body of the former owner eith a COA written by the deceased that the item was his during the period.
    The insanity connected with SS cap insignia, i.e. whether it has been on the cap since Adam and Eve or its opposite, and or generally anything about these badges collectively depicts the depths of superstition as well as downright
    idiocy in the collection of Nazi regalia. In more than fifty years of collecting, some of it spent in the FRG, I have seen many denazified items that are perfectly real and need to be restored. I do not consider such a restoration
    in any way to impeach the value of an item at all. The rigidity and dogmatism of other "collectors" harms us all, not the least in the robbery of our time and attention. Pfui.

And may I say that I find the public display of jealousy and small mindedness to be very corrosive of the general good.

and I challenge anyone to prove that the cap badges were not routinely replaced in the III. Reich. That is, that persons did not add badges themselves as the spirit pleased them.

What difference does it make? For me, replacing missing insignia with genuine examples brings the piece back to it's formal glory. It is not a situation of attempting to make it something it is not. Some people at he other site would not believe anything unless it was found on the mummfied body of the former owner with a COA written by the deceased that the item was his during the period.
    I could not have said it better and more succinctly than that....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hello

I know this is an older thread but I have researched as much as I can certain members of SS Heimwehr Danzig.

I can confirm the soldier throughout the thread with the Theodor Eicke cuff title is Werner Köhn and not Hunger. This confusion dates back to Chris Ailsby site.

He survived the war.

There are documents and photos of him for sale at Weitze at the moment.

Hopefully this will be of use to other researchers in the future.

Chris

Waffen-SS - Urkunden- und Fotogruppe fur einen spateren SS-Hauptscharfuhrer des III./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt.6 " Theodor Eicke " - Black SS, Armed SS, SS VT - Military and civil award citations and documents, signatures - Military Antiques

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5