Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS vizor on a SA uniform

Article about: All, while going through the many period books in my library, I ran across this photo. It shows a SS vizor on a SA uniform. Was this from the early days when the SS was part of the SA ? Myky

?

Default Re: SS vizor on a SA uniform

I'm sure there is some items remaining from his stuff...... but we will probably never identify it as his........ unless a family member or close acquaintance comes forward...... but hope springs eternal ! I'm going to retire for the evening and have a gin and tonic .... maybe two...... : )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS vizor on a SA uniform
    P
    Many

Quote by myky View Post
    I'm sure there is some items remaining from his stuff...... but we will probably never identify it as his........ unless a family member or close acquaintance comes forward...... but hope springs eternal ! I'm going to retire for the evening and have a gin and tonic .... maybe two...... : )
    Here is an item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS vizor on a SA uniform   SS vizor on a SA uniform  

Hi Guys, this is a photo I have in one of my books too and I have often puzzled over it as well.

Polite exchange of ideas with the info to back up opinions is what this forum is all about.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade ! Very true! Hopefully the forum will always keep the values that are needed for it's integrity . By the way, does anyone know a Neil Hayman from Gosport, Hampshire ?

Thanks to my Swedish friend for the intervention. That is an extraordinary object, indeed. Those of us interested in regalia cleave into a group that has a real interest in the past and the willingness to learn about it in a collegial way, and others who embrace dogmatism, most of the seven deadly sins and the bludgeoning of others to make an impression, There is also a peculiar pecking order associated with US militaria shows and their particular biotope which I find very odd (....and I am a citizen of the US, by the way...) that somehow infuses into this medium.

Thanks to my British and other colleagues for making this place a suitable one for our collective interest.

Quote by myky View Post
    Thanks Ade ! Very true! Hopefully the forum will always keep the values that are needed for it's integrity . By the way, does anyone know a Neil Hayman from Gosport, Hampshire ?
    Hi Myky, I know a great many UK collectors, but sorry that name does not ring a bell with me.

Cheers, Ade.

?

mates -

I too find this a comfy resting place away from the other sites' sturm u. drang. yet they're not invariably awful. note that veins of golden stuff can still be reached, sometimes without having to endure the noisy"jack-hammering" voices to which you refer.

like many, I simply laff and shake my head over the personal attacks, & move to posts and responses where thought and not gut-level reaction prevails.

still, I'm sympathetic to those of gentler mien who flee for calmer
    waters.

oh, to the original post: is that a HJ honor badge on forster's left pocket pleat?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks once more. The fate of the other fora and the rise of destructive behavior therein form the subjects for a longer inquiry elsewhere.

I cannot understand how the internet is somehow a carte blanche for people to ditch all good manners as well as the necessary polite curiosity that is the foundation of learning about the past.

The fact is simple, however, that certain of these fora enable persons with no real interest in such polite inquiry to erect little monuments to themselves in pixels and electrons and fill same with a claque of sycophants and hangers on. This statement applies to one of the other fora, where the rule seems to be a lynch mob.

I wonder whether anything of Albert Forster endured the abyss of war's end in Danzig. We all have the writings of Guenter Grass, I guess, as the monument to Danzig in wartime.

vady,
    In answer to your question you can see from this view of the scene that the badge on Forster's pocket is his Golden Party badge.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS vizor on a SA uniform  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Myky, I know a great many UK collectors, but sorry that name does not ring a bell with me.

Cheers, Ade.
    This Hayman contacted me offering a cigarette case for $500.00 usd. I recently had a bad scare from a scammer,Pawel Nowak from Poland and barely got out of that one. And then here comes new one..... I have a postal receipt from him out of Gosport, Hamshire, showing where he shipped it. I've got my fingers crossed and I think think this will be my last international gamble. Here is a scan he sent me to prove he had it....... Hope springs eternal : ) ( And fools rush in )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS vizor on a SA uniform   SS vizor on a SA uniform  

?

oh right; I'd missed it.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    vady,
    In answer to your question you can see from this view of the scene that the badge on Forster's pocket is his Golden Party badge.
    D.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3