Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold There is, however, in German much new, excellent research on the Waffen SS of a young generation, to include a future biography of Eicke in the vein of the recent bios

Default Re: SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    The posted collar tab is a fine original and a testament to the skills of the maker.

Bob Hritz
    Thanks for your helpful aid. We appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

I can recommend for new collectors to get items like such collar tabs approved some other collectors with much experience with such matters.
    I just received some days ago an email with a 5th Sturm skull tab in bullion and all I can say my instinct was gladly wise. Really high end bullion copy's are out to fool others.
    Early so called Pirate skulls are since some days total of my list as the good copy's are out since ever so that they cannot detected for my view anymore if original or copy.
    My 2 cent Euro ;-)

You might help us all, Robert, with some visual material and some concrete guidance for the less experienced collector, while avoiding aid to the fakes and frauds.
    Also, do let me note that the company level in the SSTV was called a Hundertschaft versus the Sturm as in the SA/SS.
    I am surely no expert in this, other than I own somewhat more SS embroidery than some, and can look at it every day, which gives one an insight that is not possible with the casual reading of say, Angolia, or even looking at these pictures here.
    I do not move and shake in the SSTV collar patch circles, but we are grateful that a handful here do and share their wisdom with us.

?

Ideed,Mr Friedrich!!

I would like to thank Mr Bob Hritz and Mr Robert Hassler for their comments and advice.I bought this tab from Mr Martin Stilles,Hannahsreich site.I recommend him strongly,excelent dealer and really a gentleman.

Mr. Hritz has a fine collection of these badges along with many other notable treasures. So does Robert H, of course.

I looked up the items in the upcoming HH auction in Munich yesterday.
    Some SS collar tabs and ALL skull collar tabs are copy's. Shame for the HH experts, all about money not about quality.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    I looked up the items in the upcoming HH auction in Munich yesterday.
    Some SS collar tabs and ALL skull collar tabs are copy's. Shame for the HH experts, all about money not about quality.
    Robert,
    Does that include TK tab #6907 the early man/NCO tab as if it is wrong I think we should be worried.
    I did try to copy the tab to post it but failed.

6903 and up ... the 6907 maybe OK but I don't want to judge it closer ... just horrible all I can say.
    Tunics, headgear ...

Do please show us images of what you don't like. Otherwise, these comments do not have much meaning.

just those for an example, the rest can get judged by own

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast