Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

ss vt officers tunic

Article about: i thought i would put this up

Default Re: ss vt officers tunic

A more conventional C Wagner cap of the 1938/9 era....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss vt officers tunic   ss vt officers tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss vt officers tunic
    P
    Many

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should note that the cap posted above was also described by one internet genius on the lord of the flies site as being a "Berlins Aelteste Muetzenfabrik" cap. He was appalled by some strange brown goo from the sweatband as a sign of larceny.

Maybe this genius was right.....

Happy collecting.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-13-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Here is the RZM tag...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss vt officers tunic   ss vt officers tunic  

Notice the bottom image has "HB 38." Also the brown stains, which enraged the internet wizard. I shall defer to others as to the identity of HB. Such a mark is frequently found on Wagner caps and others, too...

nice caps! but may i ask why did i wast my time putting up the tunic ?

Quote by panzer2 View Post
    nice caps! but may i ask why did i wast my time putting up the tunic ?
    Thank you for your effort in posting your tunic. See post # 25 in this file.

I post material here to share with others. Himmler said: "How one reacts to our uniform depends on one's conscience." I wonder what he would say about how we are toying with his textile legacy?

The corollary is: the reaction of many here to postings in their variety depends on their own hearts and minds.

If I had a penny for every time I posted something I thought to have merit, and the response has either been a huge yawn of silence or catcalls of scorn, when cheers of admiration were warranted, I would be a rich man.

Maybe colleagues Hritz and Coleman might comment on this material?

They know a lot about foetid woolens.

please i do not am to insult or scorn you sir as you have been very helpful !!!! but i would appreciate if some others stuck to the topic at hand .
    the tag at hand is my concern . as i can find no fault my self with the tunic
    kind regards

Please forgive me if my answer disturbed you. I took no offense. My goal has been to share similar material with you to aid your assessment, short of being able to examine your piece in person at close range.

Once more, I wrote above that Peter Jenkins is very expert in this material, and I respect his opinion.

The area to look closely at with regard to the RZM tag you have posted is the typeface used to create the serial numbers of the tag. I am not referring to the Hersteller numbers.
    RZM tags seemingly utilise the same font for these numbers, (certainly in my experience), and any variation should be viewed with caution. Check the font used in the examples posted here against yours.
    D.

i wish i had kept his last email with regards to this tag i do not take your views on these sorts of topics with light hart but with great thought to what you have written

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast