Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SS-VT-overseas cap

Article about: Hello. I just saw this SS-VT-overseas cap and want to know, if it is worth spending money on it or better let it go? For me, it looks a bit new and do they wear metal-eagles on it? Thank you

..but of the embroidered type as usually found on such a real SSTV cap. I owned one which I think is in the Beaver Shea book, and it was bestickt.
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    ..but of the embroidered type as usually found on such a real SSTV cap. I owned one which I think is in the Beaver Shea book, and it was bestickt.
    That is correct, it is always stitched. Here It is a ordinary (cheap) eagle that has been used that's about It.
    Kind Regards,
    Sid

Name:  erdbraun Adler.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  57.2 KB
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is what I meant. I was away from my picture files. I think this image is courtesy Hritz. I sold mine of this type in about 1974, and had a chance to buy one in 1999, but did not do so. A mistake.
    damit, basta.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	728495Name:  erdbraun Adler.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  57.2 KBA distinction is drawn between the metal 1927 Hoheitskokarde and this badge (right) that was or was not introduced in 1934.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-17-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    damit, basta.

twf
    ?

Steve, What are the two caps on the bottom? I just posted a question on a cap the color of the second from the bottom with an eagle like the one on the bottom. I have no idea what it is.
    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Tom

Quote by twf View Post
    Steve, What are the two caps on the bottom? I just posted a question on a cap the color of the second from the bottom with an eagle like the one on the bottom. I have no idea what it is.
    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Tom
    Tom. Do you mean this image?

Name:  image (1).jpg
Views: 77
Size:  42.8 KB

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Tom. Do you mean this image?

Name:  image (1).jpg
Views: 77
Size:  42.8 KB

Brian
    These are Bob Hritz's caps. The image is quite old. The earth brown cap is for the SSTV. We have explained this item numerous times.
    "TWF" also got a very well illustrated answer to his query, which he seems unable or unwilling to acknowledge when he receives help. Not a good thing for a
    beginner here. Sometimes Nazi regalia is just too complicated for certain persons. We move at a very brisk pace here.

- - ------- - -

Bob Hritz is a very advanced SS collector and a friend of Bob Coleman's.
    damit, basta.

the black cap with the SA badge is likely something for the NSKK, but I do not know, Wim would know or Bob Coleman would know....
    damit, basta.

Well FB you have my thanks! I was confused by the question, and figured that was the image being asked about. Honestly though I didn't know the answer. But thanks to you now I do😁! As always kindest regards to you, and best wishes for the sunniest days in the land of murky!

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Well FB you have my thanks! I was confused by the question, and figured that was the image being asked about. Honestly though I didn't know the answer. But thanks to you now I do😁! As always kindest regards to you, and best wishes for the sunniest days in the land of murky!

Brian

Confusion is my metier and my hourly fate. "TFW" posted a fake cap elsewhere of a type I vaguely know, but the brown SSTV cap is one I once owned, and
    I had a chance to buy another years ago, and I failed to do so, and I have seen none since. It was a prized possession of mine in the early 1970s.
    Murk is generalized, as I lived through the eclipse, but the greater eclipse of civilization, culture and manners seizes us all, wherever you might be.
    Kindest regards retour.
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast