Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Article about: The origins of the insignia in the SS Totenkopfverbaende, or SS Wachverbaende as they were called in 1935 in the documents below give rise to much speculation. The cuff titles were introduce

?

Default Re: SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Some more for my friend in Germany to translate, and you will find much merit in same, granted the little gems that are here. See if you can find them, dear readers, we shall play a game. I should not have to be the Oberstudienrat all the time, like Emil Jannings in the film.
    I would hope not! If I remember my von Sternburg correctly, the dear Professor met a rather inglorious end. Hopefully we can keep the tone of this forum up well enough to keep you from such a terrible, screaming Schicksal. (for the curious, the film in it's original form, entirely free, thanks to the wonders of modern technology: Blue Angel - YouTube)
    Last edited by Eddie; 12-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.
    P
    Many

SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.
    Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Here, from August 1936, is what was specified.
    d'alquen
    Examples of same.

Quote by bleiburg1945 View Post
    SS-TV black breeches for Camp-Guards, with brown „Waffenfarbe“, inside bag for rubber stick
    These are either of so called Spezialreithosentrikot, see the price list, or corduroy, which was also used. I think the Paspel is not a Waffenfarbe, but a nice touch of high quality breeches, in fact. In any case, a nice piece.
    Here is normal SS Trikot in breeches.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Quote by doomtown View Post
    I would hope not! If I remember my von Sternburg correctly, the dear Professor met a rather inglorious end. Hopefully we can keep the tone of this forum up well enough to keep you from such a terrible, screaming Schicksal. (for the curious, the film in it's original form, entirely free, thanks to the wonders of modern technology: Blue Angel - YouTube)
    Exactly this fate awaits me, dear friend, for exactly the same reasons as in the film, ala Marlene Dietrich......Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-26-2011 at 05:39 PM.

SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.
    Quote by doomtown View Post
    Ha, the reintroduction of handicraft and small businesses was a specific goal of the Nazis(not surprising considering the large amount of small Bürgerlich shop owners in the NSDAP), hence the WHW tinnies made by hand for instance. How odd that someone would assert that these caps were made in an industrial manner. It's funny when people try and understand the objects that came from particular regimes without really understanding the regimes themselves, oder? I always understood that the Nazis had a particular loathing for the uniformity(pardon the pun) that arose out of the capitalism that drove the small business owner(like Oskar's father Alfred Matzerath in The Tin Drum) out of business for the benefit of the department store owner and his anonymously created wares. I recently read a very interesting chapter on these sorts of things in The "Third Reich in Power" by Richard Evans.

Pictured here are two celluloid representations of the men who would have enthusiastically supported such top-down help for small firms:
    Attachment 283178Attachment 283179

To make sure that our daily "Foetid Woolens" quota is filled, here is a photo of a very rare tunic indeed, the SS(or something else? Heer Breast eagle, no "scull"?) propaganda tunic for a little person:
    Attachment 283180
    Many thanks for this. I do not touch my RZM book very much, because it needs to be rebound. However, there were surely cap factories on an industrial basis in their number, which the Wilkins book vomits out a huge bit on, but the majority of RZM licenses were for artisan, handicraft Muetzenmacher. The difference is astonishing. This issue raises the whole modernization of the clothing trade, which most collectors do not understand. Thank you for the introduction of G Grass here and the Blechtrommel. It is a book I should re read, since I read it forty years ago. The film I saw in 1979, and not since.
    Your points are entirely correct and very helpful. I have appended sources in Nazi economy over and over again, and our group bifurcates on those who interest themselves for same, and those who do not. The Evans triology is also very good for anyone, as it is simply written and very sound.

thanks so much and we welcome your generous support.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

PS In may ways, the best source to understand this is the book enclosed of the era, which explains it all perfectly well as concerns this transition.

Also of note is Mario Adorf in the film of Grass' novel (holding a picture of AH), who, as young man played various roles in post war films, to say nothing of his later career.

SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.The question is also well interpreted in this work, as well.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

I append some colorit for the reflection of all concerned and note, as ever, that no where else in the English speaking digital cosmos do these things appear. Also, included here courtesy of the fine photography of Robert H is a page from the RZM handbook, to include cloth firms in their number, here mostly in the Vogtland /Thuerg. (i.e. Plauen) , for some reason. Go there and see if they still have some left overs, which I doubt, since regime change in this part of Germany left little intact.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Examples of same.
    more examples found here and there on the internet.
    Thank you Friedrich-Berthold and d'alquen.
    SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5