Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe Dachau image?

Article about: Oh yes - Indiana Jones. What a great epic. My absolute favorite of all film history time. A lot has changed on the other side of this fence . . . but some things still remain realtively pres

Default Re: SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe Dachau image?

Oh yes - Indiana Jones. What a great epic. My absolute favorite of all film history time.

A lot has changed on the other side of this fence . . . but some things still remain realtively preserved in time. I once had [quick and limited] access to this building - easily recognized, I'm sure. During that time, I was granted a minor amount of time to explore the surroundings further. Once, not long ago, someone posted photos of a sculpture that, to this day, still rests upon these grounds. If anyone has knowledge for the specific location of this sculpture, in relation to this building, I would greatly appreciate assistance in locating it's whereabouts. On my next visit, with what limited time I expect to have, I hope to finally discover it's location. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?
    P
    Many

?

Another early image with Eicke greeting new camp inmates. I can only imagine what is going through their minds and what awaits them. In the bottom right it looks like a Stammabteilung member?
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?  SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image? 

jHAM,
    Those particular prisoners would have been feeling quite cheery as they are actually being released. It was part of a Christmas amnesty for about 6,000 concentration camp prisoners. That date supplies the answer to your second question. The picture was taken in December 1933 and, as I posted last night, that was the month the white collar patches were introduced for the staff of the Reichsfuehrer-SS.
    I don't have the exact date to hand when the Stammabteilung patches were introduced but it was later than this picture of Eicke.
    Hope this helps,
    d'Alquen

?

Thank you d'Alquen. I had noticed the date and thought it might be the short lived white RFSS staff white collar tabs discussed in the other thread. Thank you for confirming this. I am always very grateful for your insight and contributions.
    Last edited by jHAM; 03-24-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2