Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS wool multi piece brassard

Article about: Hello to all I was on the fence about posting this recently acquired piece as it is not "textbook" with the roundel material not being ribbed cloth. But imo it shows quality constr

Default SS wool multi piece brassard

SS wool multi piece brassardSS wool multi piece brassardSS wool multi piece brassardSS wool multi piece brassardSS wool multi piece brassard

Hello to all I was on the fence about posting this recently acquired piece as it is not "textbook" with the roundel material not being ribbed cloth. But imo it shows quality construction with period correct material and exhibits genuine age (and that wonderful old smell lol). In any event I hope it's enjoyed and as always all comments welcome and appreciated. Kindest regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS wool multi piece brassard
    P
    Many

And there is a lot of dirty stains on the white roundel material. When I see something like that I ask myself ; "Why is it so dirty and wouldn't it equally be stained on the red woolen part?" Then there is the issue of no contract or RZM label or maker marks of any sort. We could theorize wartime or occupied country production I guess, but as you say "not textbook."

It's a fair question and observation Anderson, and thanks for your comment. In reality the whole piece is rather soiled and has one or two small moth nips to the reverse, with minor fraying to the ribbed cloth of the swastika. The dirtiness stands out on the white as it contrasts so heavily. I guess the red hides it well in photographs? Kindest regards.

Brian

?

I could accept this as a period original. The red might be just as soiled as the white disk- we just can't see it...

?

I like it and feel based on our discussions it is not a repro.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks so much guys I appreciate the vote of confidence! Greatly. The seller has told me he has a tagged brassard as well and offered me first rights to purchase. Life is full of too many decisions. Thanks again. Best regards.

Brian