Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS1 collar tab in wire

Article about: Hi Guys, another gem from the Int Corps museum collection. Liberated by a member of the Corps. I had the pleasure of examining all of their collection, most of which is not on public display

Default SS1 collar tab in wire

Hi Guys, another gem from the Int Corps museum collection. Liberated by a member of the Corps. I had the pleasure of examining all of their collection, most of which is not on public display, during a private behinds the scenes tour.

This could either be an NCO's tab or an Officers minus the wire cord edging.

Enjoy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS1 collar tab in wire   SS1 collar tab in wire  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS1 collar tab in wire
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS1 collar tab in wire

I thought that I would add this photo here as it is in connection with the SS1 "Deutschland" collar tab.

This thrifty and no doubt newly promoted Officer has had an older photo retouched to reflect his newly found status. The 1 has been cencored out of the photo, either to reflect changes in his unit or changes to regulations. Note the fairly crude addition of the tow extra pips by the photo studio to the rank tab. (Twisted cord edged tabs were only worn by enlisted men, also note the shoulder strap.)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS1 collar tab in wire  

Very nice image, indeed. Thanks. Our age learns again that thrift has its merits. This kind of retouched portrait was quite typical.

very nice.
    this one (down-right) is another type of it?
    (pic is from book)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS1 collar tab in wire  

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    very nice.
    this one (down-right) is another type of it?
    (pic is from book)
    The shown by Ade is a hand embroidered bullion made, your is machine embroidered , field, for enlisted men
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

This is the first in hand-embroided that I see.

See document in Mollo vol 3. (pp. 95ff) as concerns insignia in the SSVT. I imagine that badges from the black uniform were also recycled on the field uniforms, especially for NCOs and officers. Thanks to the Shea site and Robert H. for these images.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS1 collar tab in wire  SS1 collar tab in wire 

or this style of alu wire hand embroidery as found here which was often re used, as noted above. I also own a SSVT 1 "Deutschland" tunic (the very first one I ever secured as of 1972) and its Effekten are essentially identical to this LAH piece, i.e. and SS 1 Kragenpatte in alu wire Handbestickt. I do not have an image of it.

Hi Guys, I have been talking with a forum member via PM, I should add that the original retouched photo I added might actually show the rare "SS4" collar tab. When I first saw the pic I thought it was a 1, then a 4, then a 1 again. Either way, an interesting photo. And anything which is a talking point is good. I should add he most likely wears the earth brown uniform too, which has been another good talking point of late.

Cheers, Ade.

nice one Adee,but sad for me,years ago i have get one like your!!! from woodwork,posted in on waf and get
    i have give it for free to a young collector with a note its bad,now im sure it was goooood

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast