Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS3 - Der Führer Officer collartab

Article about: This 'Der Führer' Officerstab is for sale somewhere. I asked the seller for straighter pictures aswell. Can I have some opinions on this tab please? Thanks.

?

Default SS3 - Der Führer Officer collartab

This 'Der Führer' Officerstab is for sale somewhere.
    I asked the seller for straighter pictures aswell.
    Can I have some opinions on this tab please?

Thanks.

SS3 - Der Führer Officer collartabSS3 - Der Führer Officer collartab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS3 - Der Führer Officer collartab
    P
    Many

?

I'am not comfortable with this tab, strange cloth and not correct buckram, also the shape and quality of the tab itself
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I'am not comfortable with this tab, strange cloth and not correct buckram, also the shape and quality of the tab itself
    Thanks for the reply Dimas. I had the same toughts about the shape of the runes. For that reason I asked straight pictures.
    Now the seller allready replied that the tab is sold.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I share Dimas' doubts here. The piping of the patch does not look right to me, either.

Robert Hassler was always pretty well informed about this kind of well executed item, but he does not post here.

I can send the thing to Delich, if you wish.

The runes are well done imo but the back tells everything like said above. The "fleece-like" cloth and the buckram are off.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The runes are well done imo but the back tells everything like said above. The "fleece-like" cloth and the buckram are off.
    Well said. In the authentic item, the badge cloth is made of 100% woolen of very high quality, especially in a badge from the year 1938 or 1939, as this would be....were it real...

The fakers are slowly perfecting their art. Another example that did not pass the test of this forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

The cloth used by RZM standarts for producing that tabs are normally Besatztuch, felt and NSDAP Spiegeltuch seen on such examples. The collar tab assembled using glued canvas buckram and steam press. not glued ends on the Tuch examples fastened with thread, felt can be fastened using glue. Piping by non RZM standard can be applied by wife or grandmother of the bearer, as normally all the tabs has been sold without it. Normally the piping added by skilled tailor, due all of the servicemen ordered uniforms from private tailors, or even tailors who had contract with local unit for any kind of work with cloth.
    The runes on the shown tab had strange angle to me, and I never seen such. Also number 3 looks thinner IMHO. The quality of the embroidery is a really not a piece time quality. The war time examples can be worst in quality due of quantity of SS Fuehrers and highest NSO's grow and Waffen SS needs a hudge quantity of such tabs. All of them has been made very quickly, and sometimes by not such a skilled embroiderers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS3 - Der Führer Officer collartab  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics