Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Standartenfuhrer collar tabs

Article about: Hi all, had these since 1968. Brother bought them in B'ham England. Know what they are supposed to be though i can't find any like them on the net. Could you cast your expert eyes over them

bandit1200
    ?

Default Standartenfuhrer collar tabs

Hi all, had these since 1968. Brother bought them in B'ham England. Know what they are supposed to be though i can't find any like them on the net. Could you cast your expert eyes over them and give me your opinion? Just want to know if I should be looking for the lucky bag they came out of or if they are real. P.S. a lucky bag (for any young uns out there) was the peak of excitement in my day!! Thanks either way my mates! Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Standartenfuhrer collar tabs   Standartenfuhrer collar tabs  

Standartenfuhrer collar tabs   Standartenfuhrer collar tabs  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Standartenfuhrer collar tabs

The metal leaves are original for SA, not SS. The aluminum piping is early Bundeswehr. They have been assembled post-war.

Bob Hritz

bandit1200
    ?

Default Re: Standartenfuhrer collar tabs

Thanks my mate, was pretty sure the leaves were supposed to be SA but wasn't sure if they were real or not. Still, they look real good so might frame them ....with a little notice along the lines of "If something seems too good to be true...etc etc". Would they be of interest to a collector if I ever decided to part with them? Or would it be too easy for a good forger to make them into something they are not? Dont want to create a scam down he line!